My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Saturday, April 17, 2021

Doll Room Update

So, I made a couple changes in the doll room.
It all started because I was thinking about this closet.
You'll recall from the 
This little closet held doll dresses
but also Cissy's and Marylou's room.

I wanted this to be a space for easy access and 
organization of doll clothes and accessories.

Cissy loves being in the doll kitchen.  

So does Marylou.
So, I thought, "Why not have Cissy
and Marylou move into the big dollhouse?"

Here is the dollhouse before changes.

This is Julie's room.  It is one of the larger 
rooms in the dollhouse. 

This is where I decided
that Cissy and Marylou would move to.

Here is the pink room now with Cissy's and Marylou's
furniture moved in.

SO PINK!

 Julie and Grace would now share a room, so they
took Molly's room on the bottom right, which is also larger.

I put this bunkbed' with the dachshund spreads, in the room, 
but it felt crowded.

I swapped the bunks for a trundle instead.
I made a pet-net for Julie's and Grace's
soft animals, since they had so many!

You can see here the trundle pulled out for sleeping.

But, the more I looked at this Dachshund 
bedspread the less I liked it in this room.

So I put this quilt back on the trundle bed.
BUT...
still not quite right somehow.

Next I tried THIS trundle bed.

Hmmm...
Honestly, I'm not sure which combination I like best.
We'll come back to this room later.

In the middle of the dollhouse was Grace's old room.

Now it is Molly's room.

At the top of the dollhouse is this case room.
This is now Nina's room.

Her skating outfits have a place to hang.

And her ballet costume has a place to be displayed.

Now back in in the little closet, all the 
18" and 20" doll clothes and accessories 
are in one place and easy to access.

BACK to Grace's and Julie's room...

I decided to go with this home made quilt,
but I thought the dresser should be 
all yellow on the front.

I painted the pink and blue drawers yellow.
There were too many colors and it
was just too distracting,

Now, this is better!

Julie's and Grace's room.

NOW, everyone is all together under one roof.
One, big happy doll family!

17 comments:

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Linda,

I am happy with the results of all this reorganizing. I’m glad you like the yellow. It’s a nice soft yellow. Everyone is happy with the changes, especially Cissy and Marylou.

Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so right and in place.
Joan

Anonymous said...

You did a nice job rearranging every one and everything.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

It looks like all the ladies a re happy in their new rooms. Every one under the same roof and happy and contented.
Marion

Jenny said...

Brenda, I absolutely love it! It looks like all the girls still have their own space, so moving in two more doesn't seem to have cramped anyone's style!
Hugs,
Jenny :-)

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Joan,

I love redecorating the dollhouses.

Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marilyn,

Everyone is happy with the new arrangements. Especially Cissy and Marylou.

Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marion,
Everyone is having fun being all together. I’m glad there was room for everyone.

Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Jenny,

The dollhouse is pretty roomy. The 2 big rooms have space for 2 so it really worked out well for all.

Hugs
Brenda

Dorothy In PA said...

I like how you have arranged things. Everyone seems snug in her new room.

Maybe you will do a tour later so we can see things close up. I love seeing dolls' rooms.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Dorothy,

I think a tour is a great idea! I will get to work on that.
Everyone seems very happy with the new arrangement. The big rooms were meant to be shared.

Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

Hi Brenda,

You've been busy redecorating ! The rooms look darling - I am sure each doll is happy with her new room. I like that you painted the dresser yellow - the color scheme really fell into place by doing that.
Thanks for the house tour, I will come back to it to really look at all the details

And, I think it is now time for me to start doing some decorating in my doll/sewing room too! Thanks for the inspiration.

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Janet,

Oh! I am excited to hear you will be doing some doll decorating of your own! I do love doll houses.

I agree that painting the front of the dresser helped bring everything together. I may make another pillow chair in better colors. There is always more to do!

Hugs
Brenda

Maryn said...

Love your changes! I agree that the yellow dresser made everything fall into place (color-wise) in Julie and Grace's room. And Cissy and Mary Lou's room looks perfect for them!

Where did you find your little shoe-bags for the doll shoes? I'm thinking my dolls could use something like that!

Savagebd said...

Thank you Maryn,

Everyone is happy with all the changes. The dolls are always so agreeable and easy going. Never a complaint. I love that about them. :)

The shoe bag is atually a hanging jewelry bag. I saw this idea years ago when it was just AG dolls at our house. It works well for storing shoes or any smal accessories.

Hugs
Brenda

Maryn said...

Thanks for the tip about the hanging jewelry bag! I may be using that at some point.

Brenda Savage said...

It is a great storage solution for doll shoes!

Hugs
Brenda