My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Thursday, April 01, 2021

Nina's growing wardrobe

I have been busy since my last post 
when I introduced my new doll, Nina.


Since then, I have been refreshing Nina's original
Pink Ballet costume.

I removed the flowers and pressed the underskirt and bodice. 

I pressed the warm-up bolero jacket and made 
a crinoline to poof out her ballet skirt.

Here is Nina Ballerina.

I was also crocheting
another skating outfit for Nina.
I wanted something white to add to her skating
wardrobe.


I was finishing this skating outfit when my friend,
Janet, messaged me that she and her three
Hoyer girls had sent a 
care package for Nina!

Nina's friends, Vivienne, Elizabeth and Bernadette,
wanted to welcome Nina by sharing 
some of their wardrobe!
How sweet is that?

THIS IS WHAT CAME IN THE PACKAGE!

This adorable knitted
 swimsuit and matching beach bag.

Two more knitted pieces and 
two matching fabrics!
Janet knew I liked to sew and sent 
these fabrics to match this yarn.

I decided to use the daisy fabric first for
a pair of capris. This is a perfect
outfit for a beach bonfire and cookout.

After the sun sets this little cape is just the thing
to keep warm next to the fire.

Also in the package and just in time for Easter,
 an Easter Egg dress!

I already had a straw Easter hat
that fit Nina perfectly.

There was also in the package another
pink ballet outfit!
Nins is destined to be on the stage.

Last but not least, 
 this Spring handkerchief dress.

Lovely details from every side.

There were some other little items
in the care package that will be 
revealed later!


BUT NOW,

The Savage Pea is pleased

to present

Nina, in a solo ballet performance.
(que music)

LIGHTS! CURTAIN!




BRAVA, BRAVA, BRAVA!!

Thank you everyone for sharing Nina's
new wardrobe additions 
from her 
Hoyer doll friends,
Janet, Vivienne, Elizabeth and Bernadette.


16 comments:

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
Nina certainly has some lovely friends. The care package must have been a wonderful surprise. She certainly has a choice of outfits now!
I always admire your ironing, your outfits always come out looking new.
Her ballet dress and skating outfits are perfect for perfomances. Between doing ballet and ice skating she is very talented.
Thanks for a lovely post
Anna

Maryn said...

So sweet and super-cute! Thank you for sharing Nina and the outfits gifted by her generous doll-friends and their "mom"!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Anna,

I was certainly very surprised and pleased by all the gifts Nina received from her friends. I am amazed at how many things Nina now has in her wardrobe!

Nina is quite talented if I do say so myself. I have had a lot of fun with Nina.

Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Maryn,

Nina does have very generous doll friends. We had fun trying on all her new outfits. I am so pleased you enjoyed all Nina’s new outfits.

Hugs
Brenda

Jenny said...

What special friends Nina has! All lovely outfits, and you are certainly having fun accessorizing them as well. Nina seems to be quite the dancer, for sure, both on stage and on ice!
Hugs,
Jenny :-)

Anonymous said...

The girls look lovely but the floral handkerchief dress is a stand out.
A HAPPY,BLESSED EASTER To YOU and YOUR FAMILY.
Marion

Anonymous said...

Brenda the girls are all ready for Easter.
HAPPY EASTER TO ALL
Joan

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Jenny,

Yes, Nina has such sweet friends. Janet really helped build Nina’s wardrobe. It was such a sweet surprise. Nina is quite the dancer!

Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marion,
Yes I too really like the handkerchief dress.
Happy Easter to you and yours!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Joan,

Nina is very happy with all her new wardrobe pieces. Happy Easter!
Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Brenda, I love the ballerina outfits. My favorite color is pink. I enjoy watching ballet. I have several videos that teaches you the basics of ballet. I like to practice and try to learn the steps. It is good exercise,too. The Easter dress is lovely. Thank You for sharing this beautiful post. Happy and Blessed Easter to you and yours and all the little ladies,too.. God Bless.
Marilyn

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marilyn,
I too love the ballerina outfits. I love ballet as well. I have taken classes off and on through the years. Happy Easter to you and yours as well.
Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

Hu Brenda,

Happy Easter ti you and all your girls! I am happy to see how lovely Nina looks in her new clothes. I am happy to share with you, the Easter Egg dress was just too summery for my girls to wear for Easter here. until today, we still had snow on the ground!
And none of them want to take ballet, even though I love it!

I am happy that you enjoyed making the capris - Nina looks great in that color!
I love that you are having fun with Nina and her wardrobe!

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

Happy Easter Janet,

I have had so much fun with all the adorable things you sent Nina. Tell your girls thank you! You’ll see that Nina and Betsy did a dress trade at the last minute before our Easter pictures. They are very close to the same size.

Thank you again
Hugs
Brenda and Nina

Zacisze Lenki said...

Beautiful gifts. Nina has a great wardrobe.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Zacisze,

I love creating wardrobes fir all the dolls.

Hugs
Brenda