My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Friday, July 02, 2021

A 4th of July Fashion Show and Pincic!

Remember this dress that Sweet Sue came wearing?
WELL! It needs a makeover!

The head hole was too tight,
so I cut it open.

I used some bias tape to finish the opening
and added a snap closure.

I made a small fold in front and added buttons.
I decided the dress needed more red.
I had this vintage rick rack.

Here is the makeover dress on my 
reproduction Patsy Joan.

Patsy looks ready for 
a RED, WHITE and BLUE
PICNIC!

Here are Patsy and Ann wearing their
patriotic colors.

Marylou and Cissy are ready to
celebrate.

Emma and Molly are ready for a picnic.

Not only are Nina and Ann patriotic,
but even their raggedy Ann and Andy
are dressed for the 4th.

"Wait for me!"
"Come on Betsy, get in the picture!"

The 10.5" dolls are all ready to celebrate as well!

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!

13 comments:

Doreen, Arkansas said...

Love your salute to America. All your red, white, and blue outfits are adorable. Your scene and props are always just perfect.
Happy 4th to you and your dolly pals.
Doreen in Arkansas

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Doreen,

I had fun getting everyone dressed up. Happy 4th of July!
Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Brenda your children look Patriotic in their RED,WHITE and BLUE. HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY to you and your family.
Joan,Marilyn and Marion

Jenny said...

Love the makeover of the dress that came on Sweet Sue! It is perfect on Patsy Joan!!
Hugs, Jenny :-)

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Ladies!
It was fun selecting everyone’s outfits.
Happy Independence Day!!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Jenny,
You know how I like a makeover!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Linda,
We had fun dressing everyone up! We had a great day.
Hugs
Brenda

Maryn said...

So cute! I love the changes to Sweet Sue's dress--really brings it to life. Happy 4th to you and yours!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Maryn,
I am happy with this dress too. It was perfect for the 4th of July. Happy Independence Day!
Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

Hello Brenda,

You certainly have been sewing up a storm! I love all the patriotic outfits Especially wonderful is the remodeling of Sweet Sue's old dress into a delightful dress for patsy!
How cheerful it looks!

It looks so festive there, I hope your Holiday was sparkling!

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Janet,
Most if these outfits I already had in my doll dresser. I was pleased with the dress makeover. Even though the blue was a little light it still looked patriotic to me.
We had a great holiday weekend!
Hugs
Brenda

Jennifer said...

What a great makeover. The red really sets it off. Thank you for your patriotic post. Good to see 😊

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Jennifer,
I’m happy with the little dress. The red was just what it needed. I’m so glad you enjoyed this patriotic post.
Hugs
Brenda