My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

1957 Ideal Crown Princess Doll

 WELL! I was thrifting the other day with my
daughter and SHE found this little doll!
(I have definitely done a good job raising her)

I was hunting around when I heard,
"MOM! Look, is this a good doll?"
It turns out she IS a good doll.
She has no markings, but I knew she was 
probably from the 1950s.

Her dress looks original, but very crushed
and dirty.  Her hair and skin were
also in need of a good cleaning.

She has this mark from the snap on her dress.

So much dirt in her ears!

She is just grimy everywhere.

I set her dress to soak with Dawn overnight.

 I gathered my usual cleaning crew.
Wig shampoo and conditioner and magic eraser.

After a wash, she is looking a little brighter!

I had to pin her bangs to get them to lie correctly.
But, who is she?
I asked my doll mentor, Janet P.
Janet suggested that this doll might be a 
Vogue Jan or an Ideal Crown Princess doll.

Here she is next to my Little Miss Revlon doll.
You can see how similar they are, but not a match.

This is a Vogue Jan Doll. She is a bit 
closer, but not a match.

Then I found a photo of an Ideal Crown Princess
Doll, YES! Definitely this is who she is.

She needed some blush and lip color.
I like to use a skin tone and a melon color
Melon color for lips and the 2 mixed for cheeks.

For cheeks I dip a make-up sponge in mixed paint.
I tap off the paint until the sponge is nearly dry.
Then I pat onto cheeks.
Notice how I trimmed the corners off 
the sponge so there are no sharp corners .


WANT TO SEE HER NOW?



HERE



SHE



IS!!!

She looks happier.

I've had this little crown for ages!
It seemed perfect for her.

Here's the back.  Sadly the mark from her snap
is still there.


BEFORE and...

AFTER

BEFORE and...

AFTER.

9 comments:

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Sandra,
This little doll was an unexpected and fun find. I always like a makeover!
Hugs
Brenda

Jenny said...

She is indeed a special find! I have two, a blonde and a brunette. One came in her original black bra and panty, with her pearly white plastic 'crown'. Both my girls are in pretty gowns, though not original. Crown Princess pre-dates the LMR; I'm not sure why they changed the sculpt. I also noticed their resemblance to Vogue Jan; I suspect the sculpts were done by the same person, but that is just my own theory, I don't have documented evidence to back it up!
Hugs, Jenny :-)

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Jenny,
This doll had no shoes or lingerie. Luckily i seem to have lots of extras. Her dress came out pretty good. I want to research more about her. Something I read said she was only made for one year? I want to verify this. I’m really pleased with this little girl.
Hugs
Brenda

Maryn said...

WOW! what an amazing transformation! She is beautiful! I never fail to be amazed and impressed with the way you restore these dolls.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Maryn,
You know how much I enjoy a makeover. This doll was a welcome surprise.
Hugs
Brenda

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
She is such a lovely find. How exciting for you and your daughter to discover her. You always do such amazing makeovers. She looks brand new.
Anna

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Anna,
So pleased to hear from you. I was very happy that my daughter spotted her! I am so pleased with how she came out. It’s always so satisfying to see an old doll refreshed.
Hugs
Brenda

Karen said...

What a wonderful restoration--she's a real beauty!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Karen,
I do so enjoy a makeover! It is very satisfying seeing a doll come back to. E beautiful again.
Hugs
Brenda