My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 02, 2022

Another Lost Doll


I was thrifting again and found this 
18" Madame Alexander doll.
While not valuable really, something
 about her cried out to me.

Her hair is messy, but nothing a wash and
style won't help.

Here is the back of her hair.

I gathered my usual cleaning team.
Synthetic (wig) shampoo, conditioner and
a magic eraser.

Ah! Finally a nice wash.

Hmm, so relaxed after her spa.

First brushing out.
After her hair was dry I found her an
outfit from my American Girl Doll dresser.

Here is her hair in back after it dried.





WANT TO SEE HER NOW?



HERE




SHE



IS!


All refreshed and dressed.

She is a very pretty girl.
The Madame Alexander Dolls
have such serene expressions.

She looks very Hawaiian to me,
doesn't she?

I would like to introduce you to:

NALANI.

Nalani and the girls getting acquainted.
(L-R: Julie, Nalani, Grace, Emma nad Molly)

7 comments:

Maryn said...

Nalani is so cute! You restored her beautifully! And I enjoyed doing to dollhouse tour, too!

Jenny said...

She has a very pretty face! I agree, the MA girls are lovely.
Hugs, Jenny :-)

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Maryn,
I agree Nalani is very sweet. The dollhouse tours are always fun. I need to get my act together and do a tour for the new year!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Jenny,
Except for a period in the 1970s, the MA dolls have always had serene, pretty faces. Even these 18” dolls, which were not expensive, are very pretty!
Hugs
Brenda

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
Nalani is beautiful. She looks like she has made some lovely friends.
I am glad you found her.
Anna

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Anna,
I am glad i found her too. She is so sweet and lovely.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Sandra,
I started my doll collection after my daughter’s first 18” doll came home with us. I enjoy sewing for them as well. I think Nalani came out very pretty. I am happy i brought her home.
Hugs
Brenda