My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Monday, April 25, 2022

A Pony Adventure

Now for something completely different…

Elizabeth! Where are you going?

I heard ponies, and I'm going to find them!

OH, I better come with you!
C'mon then.

Where are you two going?
We heard ponies.

Oh, yes, they are over there.
Look up.

OK, thank you.

PONIES? ARE YOU UP THERE?


Hello, were you looking for us?
YES!

HEY, OVER HERE!
Oh, Hi Sophie.

I want to see the ponies too!
Go get Martin, he always helps me.

Hi Julie, we are looking for Martin.
Sophie needs his help.

Are you looking for Martin?
HEY MARTIN! COME DOWN HERE!

Well, I'm here what is it?
Sophie needs your help.
Oh, boy, now what?

Wait Sophie!
CATCH ME MARTIN!!

I hate it when you do that.

Is that all you needed me for?
Well, not exactly...

Can you help the ponies down please???

We're right up here.

Oh, geez, I shoulda known.

Be careful Martin.
Hmph.

Ok, you'll have to jump.
BUT ONE AT A TIME PLEASE!

Oof! You're heavier than you look!
(Giggle)

Keep catching them Martin!
Hi, I'm Blossom and that's Applejack.
Nice to meet you!

Oof! How many are there?

Just a few of us. 1,2,3,4...uh 14!

Just a few more, thanks!

Hi, I'm Baby Apple.  Hi, I'm Baby Shaggy Bear.
I'm Momma Apple and that's Cotton Candy
and Blossom behind you...
Hi, everyone!

Hi, I'm Bowties and that's Applejack, 
and that's Sundae, Sundance
and Majesty...
Hello, everypony!

I think that's every..., uh, pony.
When do you want me to help them back up?

OH, no need Martin, we're having
a sleepover party!
YAY!!

Huh? I mean wha...?

C'mon everybody climb up!

Umph, me last.

BEST DAY EVER!!!


Early next morning...



Clip clop, clip clop. 
Did you hear something?
Shh!
What was that?
I heard a noise!
TURN ON A LIGHT!

Clip clop, clip clop...
There it is again!
What if it's the bogey pony!?!
Don't be silly, there's no such thing.

Hello? Some nice ladies over there said some ponies
might be in here? I'm Minty.

Welcome MINTY!!!

12 comments:

Maryn said...

What a cute pony story! You are so creative!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Maryn,
I know the ponies are not the usual doll fare I serve up, but I had fun with this. I was quite horse-crazy as a girl so these ponies really hit that nerve I think! HAha
I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Hugs
Brenda

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
I love your story. A sleepover with ponies what could be better! I love the mischief the girls get into. They have so much fun together!
I recently got a Strawberry Shortcake Doll Maple Syrup pony. That got me thinking maybe a few my little ponies might look nice in my corner. I don't know much about them so it was just a thought. Then I saw your last post and realized how pretty they look together and I knew just the place I could put some. I have two babies so far with my eye on a few others!
Anna







Jenny said...

Oh, Brenda, what fun! Leave it to your girls to enlist the big kids in their mischief! Martin was VERY patient this time, that was a lot of pony wrangling!!
Dolly Hugs, Jenny :-)

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Anna,
The My Little Pony came out when I was in high school, I was 16 or 17. I loved how cute they were, but being very mature I never thought to buy or play with them. 40 odd years later and I find about 10 in a thrift store. My intent was to clean, brush and resell, HA! They were all standing there, pastel-y and brushable and cute with those eyes and, well here we are having a sleepover party! And yes, my herd has grown by a few. I think these little ponies are a sweet addition to any doll room.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Jenny,
Yes, Martin and Sophie have a special big brother - little tiny sister relationship. Sophie knows Martin will do her imperious bidding and Martin, because of his sweet nature give in to her demands. Martin was very patient.
Dolly hugs right back atcha!
Brenda

Janet said...

Hi Brenda,

Neither my daughter or I ever had Little Pony - they look cute with the Patsyettes and tiny Betsy. I do love Tiny Bettsy's pink crocheted dress.
I wish you would send me an email, haven't heard from you in a while.

Janet

GaelaLayla said...

What a cute story! Makes me want to get my ponies down from the shelf!

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Janet,
I'm sorry I was out of touch. I had an ear infection! I never had My Little pony until recently. I bought the later versions for my daughter, but they are all the tiny 3" ponies that came in playsets. I too love Betsy's tiny crochet dress. I got several dresses from the same lady online for my little bisque dolls. I love them. I'll email you.
HUgs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you GaelaLayla,
You should definitely get those ponies down from the shelf! Actually my ponies stay put unless they are included in a blog post. I enjoy just seeing them in all their pastel-y goodness across from my sewing table.
Hugs
Brenda

LittleGinnyFaith said...

Such a cute story! Betty

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Betty,
This pony collection is new for me. I was trying to think how to introduce them into my doll room. Well! What little girl doesn't love ponies? Especially pastel-y ponies with long hair? I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Hugs
Brenda