My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 05, 2022

Another Doll Trailer!


A while back, I posted how my husband, Matt, built 
this beautiful wood teardrop camper.

He inspired me to create a camper for my 10.5" dolls
made from cardboard and contact paper.

I love my little camper and had a lot of fun
creating stories with the girls in their trailer.

There was this stay-cation adventure
right here in our hometown.

Then the girls took a drive through snowy 
mountain roads to ice skate.

THEN! My husband was practicing wood bending
and he came up with this shape! 
This piece did not work for his project, 
but I could see something to use it for!
That's right a mini WOOD camper 
was in the making!
Matt added the floor and the back
 and we were on our way!

My husband helped me create some 
fixtures and furnishings.
This is the beginnings of a cooktop and sink.

The sink was made from a small measuring cup.
Matt removed the handle to make a little sink.

In a single day my husband created ALL this.
Even the tires are made of wood!
The table is made from a piece of his
full-size teardrop trailer.

The faucet is a large hook painted silver.

The tops of these DecoNails
became the knobs for the sink and range

For the sink we painted them silver.
For the range we left them black.

I painted the bodies of the kitchen and bench seat blue.

The top of the counter I used glitter paint to 
try and replicate those 1950s glittery countertops.

I chose these 2 fabrics for the upholstered pieces.

You can see the faucet for the sink is the hanging hook
we painted silver.  Matt created the cooking
rings with washers wrapped in wire.

At this stage I am gluing everything in place.
I've made a mattress and started upholstering.

I found these little Adirondack chairs
at the dollar store. I have spray painted them...

Because they were originally this bright green!

After I upholstered the seat and the bed.  I glued
everything in place. Matt had some silver foil tape
I used for edging.

Here is a close-up of the wheels and 
fenders my husband created.
The hubcap is just a big washer.

I asked my husband if we could create some fins
and in a few minutes he brought me these!

Here is a close-up of the beautiful quarter
sawn white oak wood grain.

This is the nearly finished interior. The knobs on
the drawers are small push pins.

I wanted a set of dishes for the camper.
I found this white tea set at the craft store.
But, it was kind of boring.

I wondered if I could add some designs
 using a sharpie? 
(Oh look, you can also see the rug I crocheted)

I went around the rim with blue and started
a 3-dot pattern around the plate.

I think this will work!

To keep everything from falling I used this
"Quake Hold" putty.

All my little dishes are held in place on the shelves.
Just some small blue additions added so much!


OK, READY 



TO SEE 



THE WHOLE CAMPER?


HERE

IT

IS!!



The WHOLE Camper!

I added a string of battery lights to brighten the interior.

Julia is very happy!

Here is a look at the exterior.
The Adirondack chairs are perfect.

A view from the rear.

Here is the inside with the lights on.

I am very happy with this little camper!

Thank you SO much 
to my dear husband
Matt!

19 comments:

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Linda,
I’m very happy with this camper. The best part is it’s more durable than my previous cardboard version. I love miniatures and finding items that can be used as a small accessory.
Hugs
Brenda

Karen said...

The new camper is brilliant!!! Your artistry is matched by your DH's ingenuity. Your ladies will enjoy many happy trips in the new camper!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Karen,
I am very happy with this camper and especially pleased with my DH willingness to help me. We will have sone fun excursions this summer.
Hugs
Brenda

Jenny said...

What fun to watch the design and build process! Matt was thoughtful to think of you when his project didn't work out with that piece.
Happy Camping!
Jenny :-)

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Jenni,
I’m glad you enjoyed seeing the build from start to finish. My Husband is very thoughtful and kind to me in every way. I am so pleased with all he has done to bring this project to fruition.
Hugs
Brenda

Loretta said...

I just love it all!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Loretta,
I am very happy with this camper!
Hugs
Brenda

Maryn said...

Oh my goodness! This is adorable. You and Matt are both so talented and creative! the girls will love their new camper!

Anna said...

Hi Brenda, The camper looks fantastic. It's nice you and Matt work so well together. I like all the decorative details. You china painting looks great too.
Anna

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Maryn,
I sm so pleased with this little camper! I am thinking about where their first camping trip will take place.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Anna,
Matt is so patient and helpful with my projects. I am pleased that you like what we did. It was a fun project.
Hugs
Brenda

LittleGinnyFaith said...

Such a big help. He's a keeper! You work well together. Very nicely done. Betty

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Betty,
Yes he is a keeper! We had fun doing this project together. I’m so happy with my camper.
Hugs
Brenda

Unknown said...

So adorable!! Good job, the girls love these sorts of things. Don't they? Marti Smith

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marti,
Yes, the girls are debating their first camping trip should be. We may have another beach stay-cation.
Hugs
Brenda

LittleGinnyFaith said...

Very creative and your husband is a keeper for sure! Betty

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Betty,
Thank you! He is definitely a keeper! I love this little trailer so much! I am so pleased with it and how it will definitely be more durable than my cardboard version. I'm glad you liked what we did.
Hugs
Brenda

discodiva1979 said...

Impressive, so lucky to have such a talented husband. Turned out Amazing

Brenda Savage said...

HI DiscoDiva,
Thank you, I feel pretty lucky. He was so helpful solving how to create miniature versions of things. He came up with the burners on the stove.
He is a great husband and always willing to help me with projects.
Hugs
Brenda