My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Thursday, May 05, 2022

April Shower Doll Dresses!


Recently, on a thrifting excursion, I found these 
vintage Baby and Doll dresses.

As you'd expect they were dirty and rumpled.

After examining the dresses, I decided to use
my washing machine on the delicate cycle.
After a good wash and press all the dresses
are transformed!


HERE


THEY 


ARE!!


This first dress was perfect on Patsy Joan.

I have a couple dresses with
this style bodice.

Next is this sweet jacket on Ann!

Look at the detail on the sleeve!

The rest of the dresses fit my
20" Baby Dolls, Bonnie and Bella.

This white dress suites Bonnie's Dark hair.

I love this simple pink bonnet!

Pink is Bella's color.
This little play dress has lovely smocking.

Very sweet sleeve embroidery.

I love this blue dress.  The fabric is
like a very silky linen. Any ideas what 
type fabric this is?

The smocking is really pretty.

I believe this may be a night gown.

There are tiny embroidered roses in between
rows of fine lace.

Bonnie is precious in this little
 green gingham romper.

This little yellow play dress is so 
sweet and simple.

I love little details like this!

Well done everyone!

15 comments:

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
I simply cannot pick a favorite! I love all the details on each item and they all look beautiful on your girls. you have such a good eye and know exactly what will suit each of them.
Anna

Anonymous said...

Thank you Anna,
I love getting these vintage baby and doll clothes. You never really know for sure what you might get. The photos don’t always give a very clear idea. I love the vintage dresses with smocking. It is almost a lost art.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Linda, Thank you,
I enjoy getting these vintage dresses. They come in a lot and I never know for sure what I'm getting. I'm really pleased with the dresses I got. I love the jacket that Patsy Ann modeled. I am so fond of anything smocked, so I am so pleased with these dresses.
Hugs,
Brenda

Jenny said...

My favorite is the blue & yellow print...that is a favorite color combination, and I love the style as well. All the dresses have lovely embroidery, which just gives them such a personal loving touch!
Hugs,
Jenny :-)

Doreen, Arkansas said...

Hi Brenda, You have such wonderful luck finding beautiful vintage doll and baby items. I am always on the lookout when I head to my local shops for items such as these. You're right, smocking is adorable and becoming harder to find.
Thanks for sharing your finds, love them all, small details are so precious.
Doreen in Arkansas

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Jenny,
Thank you. I too love the yellow and blue print dress. It is a lovely color combination. I love embroidery on clothes. I always think a little embroidery can make a plain dress so special.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Doreen,
I find most of my doll clothes online. These were found at a flea market which is a lot more rare. I have periodically found these vintage baby dresses and doll clothes in a thrift store. I am always on the alert! Haha.
Hugs
Brenda

Dorothy In PA said...

Dear Brenda, you are worked your magic once again. The girls look adorable in the lovely outfits.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Dorothy,
You know how much I enjoy a makeover, whether it is dolls or their clothes!
Hugs
Brenda

Maryn said...

Oh, my! These are adorable! So dainty.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Maryn,
I love finding vintage doll dresses like these!
Hugs
Brenda

LittleGinnyFaith said...

I need to get out and visit some resale stores. You always do so well. Those clothes are getting a second life and they look great! Are you in a large city? A neighboring town has three resale stores right near each other. I should pay a visit soon. I did find a vintage Madame Alexander doll a couple of weeks ago. She's still waiting for attention. Betty

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Betty,
I love thrift stores and antique shops. I also look in at any Estate Sales I find. I am lucky sometimes, but I can also go for weeks without finding anything. I do see Madame Alexander dolls sometimes. My best find was my Cissy doll! I still have to pinch myself!
Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

I am always amazed at how beautifully you can transform clothes found jumbled together in an "odd Lot" . Each one has something that sets it apart from the ordinary.
I particularly like the blue and yellow print on Joan - a darling school girl dress !

You have magic in your fingers, for sure!

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Janet!
I have as much fun working with old doll clothes as I do old dolls themselves. I just really enjoy saving something from the past to continue bringing joy. I too love the school girl dress. It fits my Patsy Joan perfectly. Definitely a keeper.
Hugs
Brenda