My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Sunday, May 29, 2022

Shopping for Viola

Oh, Hi Viola, this is my friend Lauren.

Oh Hello Lauren, I've heard so much about you!

Oh, Viola! I love your name. My favorite colors
are violet and purple! All my clothes
have purple in them!

Really? I usually wear whatever fits me.

Oh Viola! I need to take you shopping!
You should wear lavenders and purples!!
I actually have an errand at the Mall,
are you busy?

No, not really, that sounds fun though.

I am determined to find you outfits
that suit your name, 'Viola!'

What about you Julia? Can you come?

Sorry, but I'm expecting Chris to pick me up 
any minute for a lunch date.

Oh, too bad, but we'll talk soon and I'll let
you know what happens.

My goodness! This is my first time here.
I love this mall, so open and modern!

The shop I want to go to is over here.

Oh, look Viola! wedding gowns! Sigh,

Is this your errand?!

Oh no, I just love weddings, don't you?

This is an amazing mall!

OK, here is the place.

OH! Look a SALE!!

What do you think?

I love it Viola! Try on another.

I think I'll get both outfits and
The matching hat and purse!
I see now! I definitely need more violet in my life!

Oh hi Lauren. How was shopping?

Well, I may have created a violet monster...
I think Viola is going a little violet crazy!

I dropped her off a couple hours ago, then I recalled 
I had this lovely pillow and nightgown she 
might like.  I just dropped them off, but her room!

Oh, I'm sure it's fine. I'll check on her.  Hehe.

Viola! What is all this?!

I'm redecorating my whole room!

Lauren gave me this pillow, isn't it pretty!?
I already painted my dresser and now I 
am making a QUILT!  

But, Viola honey, you don't know how to quilt.

Oh, I'll figure it out.  Don't worry.

What's wrong Julia, you seem worried?

Oh, I'm sure it's nothing. Lauren took
Viola shopping for violet clothes and now
Viola feels she must redecorate her room!

Don't worry Julia, I'm sure it's just a faze.
Viola is very creative. Let's just go see...

Viola! This is lovely!
How did you do all this?!?

I was just so inspired!

Viola's violet room.

recovered box cabinet and rug.

Her whole room redo.

As a 'Thank You' for help with some
projects, my friend Janet P. sent 
Viola and Lauren some "Violet Gifts"!

First was this knitted sheath dress
for Lauren.

This periwinkle knit top
and pencil skirt and
a matching purse and hat.

Also this knit top and pencil skirt.
The little lavender wedges
were crocheted by
another friend of Janet's.

Janet also made Viola this
lovely violet nightgown.

Janet also sent along this hanky pillow
which really made it necessary for
Viola to redecorate her whole room!

THANK YOU JANET P!!

Before
and
AFTER!

Click this link to join

13 comments:

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Linda,
I have the most fun with my LMR size dolls. They are so much fun to dress up and create stories. I'm so pleased you enjoyed it!
Hugs
Brenda

Maryn said...

Adorable! Great story and pictures, and I love the violet themed room! Thank you for sharing!

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Maryn,
Thank you, I am happy you like my post! I always have so much fun with my doll stories. Oh, and Viola is very happy with her lavender room.
Hugs
Brenda

Jenny said...

Brenda,
It seems Janet is the one who created the Viola-t monster! Lovely story, and what fun to find Janet's work in a shop in that awesome Mall! Viola seems to be quite good at quilting and decoration, too.
Hugs, Jenny :-)

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Jenny,
Yes, it is amazing how Janet's creations found their way into this exclusive boutique! I think you may be right about the viola-t monster. hehehe. Viola has shown herself to be quite creative and capable!
Hugs
Brenda

Loretta said...

I absolutely love this post; the best one yet.
I absolutely LOVE THE MALL photos!!!! It reminds me of a mall in Seattle we used to visit in the 60's and 70's on our way to Oregon for family reunions. It was a very posh mall indeed.
I also LOVE the Mondrian clock in one of the mall room photos. LOL

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Loretta,
I have so much fun finding and adding my girls to these great vintage photos. I remember going to a mall for the first time as a girl - WOW was I amazed. haha! I have another Mall post called "Modern Shoppers" you might enjoy.
Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

I'm so pleased that Viola and her sister liked the "violet" themed gifts.

They seems to have inspired Viola's creative streak!

Janet

GaelaLayla said...

This was just precious 💜 I love Viola's room especially her lavender dresser!I was so happy to see a new post was up!
-Gaela

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Janet,
Thank YOU so much for the lovely gifts and the violet inspiration for Viola! She loves her new purple and lavender lifestyle, hehe. Her room definitely looks softer and more feminine now.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you GaelaLayla,
I am so pleased that you enjoyed this post! That is my whole reason for this blog, to play dolls online with my friends! I am always working on my next post.
Hugs
Brenda

LittleGinnyFaith said...

I like violet too! I'm sure she'll enjoy her new room. It's the perfect color for her. Betty

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Betty,
Thank you! Viola is very pleased with her new decor. Lavender is one of my favorite colors too.
Hugs
Brenda