My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Monday, September 05, 2022

It's raining Crissy Dolls!!

 Well, it must be Crissy Season because they just keep
finding their way to my doll room.

Not long after I found my two Velvet dolls,
someone in a doll group I am part of,
posted an Estate Sale with 
TONS of dolls for sale!

Here is just one image of the doll room!
It was floor to ceiling shelves of dolls.
It was CHAOTIC! So many doll collectors
in such a small space!

I looked through all the photos before arriving.
I knew I wanted to find this shelf first!

And then this one...

Sadly, I was so overwhelmed when I got
 into the doll room I lost my head and left 
behind some dolls I wish I had grabbed.

These are the ten dolls I came away with.
Overall I am very pleased.

After the estate sale my husband and I went
to celebrate our Anniversary.  
We stayed in a nice hotel on the beach.

I had to restrain myself from dragging that 
big trash bag full of dolls into our hotel room!

After we got home I separated all those clothes by color
and gave them all a good soaking wash.

Everyone had a spa day.
Each ponytail was carefully combed through,
one section at a time.

Crissy's hair was SO silky!

The gem of this group is this 
African American Crissy doll
who I will be naming Shea.

She is SO beautiful.
She is a twist and turn Crissy
and she still works!

I unexpectedly fell in love with Mia too.

Some of the other dolls are:

Cinnamon who is a 12" doll.

This long ponytail Velvet wearing the 
Play Dots Jumper outfit.

And the African American Baby Crissy.

There were 5 Velvets all together.
These 4 and 

This Velvet from the 1980s who came
at the end of the Crissy doll era.

Here are all the girls before and...

After!

I will only be keeping these four girls.
Mia, Shea, Shawna and Cheryl.

OOPS!
Almost forgot.

I was REALLY disappointed that
there was no Cricket doll hidden
somewhere at that sale.
SO....

I found her online!!
She should arrive in another week or so!

10 comments:

Zacisze Lenki said...

A wonderful metamorphosis of dolls. What beautiful hair they have now. Have fun. Hugs.

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Zacisze,
Thank you!! I enjoyed getting all these girls cleaned and refreshed. I do love their long hair!
Hugs
Brenda

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
I can see from your photos how overwhelming it must have been! You did well to get all those beautiful dolls. It was good you could get an idea of what you wanted before you got there.
I love Shea and Mia. Shea looks stunning in pink. Her boots are just perfect with her dress. Did you make their outfits?
I hope you and your husband had a lovely anniversary.
Anna

Anonymous said...

Brenda I am so amazed at all of the different dolls to choose from. I couldn't pick a favorite. They are all so beautiful.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU and YOUR HUSBAND.
Marion

Anonymous said...

So many dolls to pick and bring home. Brenda you made a wonderful group of dolls to take home, The long hair is just gorgeous. All of the girls look beautiful once they were cleaned and dressed by you.
Wishing you and your husband many,many more years of happiness,love and blessings.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Such beauties! Love the pastel psychedelic shift dress it reminds me of the flight attendant uniforms by Pucci in the 60s-Gaela (lalalandtoys)

Brenda Savage said...

HI Anna,
Thanks! It was overwhelming! Imagine a largish room, but only little pathways around tables and shelves FULL of dolls! The room was full of people. It was crazy. It was an Estate Sale, so they publish photos beforehand. I feel lucky that I lived within an hour of the place.
I did make their outfits and the boots too! I am working on patterns to share with my readers, but it's slow going.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Marion,
Thank you! I am so pleased with the dolls I picked out. I wish I hadn't gotten so flustered and took a little more time. Oh well, I still had almost too many dolls to manage.
We had a great time on our Anniversary. Just so fun to get away and eat out!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

HI Marilyn,
Thank you! I am pleased with my choices. I have been having fun sewing for them. The styles from the 70s are simpler and easier to create.
We had a great time celebrating our Anniversary. Next year we decided to go camping in the mountains.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Gaela,
Thank you! I do love the 70s styles. They are simple lines and fun patterns. They are easy to sew. I must admit I am very happy with that dress and how it came out. I've had fun finding fabrics and creating their dresses.
Hugs
Brenda