My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

St. Patrick's Day Fashion Show

As I was planning for this post,
I found this beautiful stained glass depiction
 of St. Patrick. 
 I decided this would be our inspiration.
Our fashion show will have violets, greens 
and golds. Mostly because 
green dresses are few here
at the Savage Pea.

SO, here we go! 
Remember! Click on the
photos for close-ups!

1930s

This is 13" McGuffey Ana
from 1936.

I could not have a St. Patrick's day fashion
show without Ana McGuffey!
I found this little dress at
my first doll show.

You can see in this close-up the lovely lavender
and green embroidery.
(I asked if she wanted her hair braided, 
but she is still refusing!)

Next we have my two 9" Patsyettes from the 1930s.

"I want the hat Helen-A!"
Girls, don't argue over the hat. 
 I can get another.

"NO! I'm wearing it!"
"Lillibet! That was not nice! Give it back!"
Girls!  Be still so we can get your photo!

"NO! Take my picture first!"

AHEM, Sorry about that.
Lillibet is wearing a green and pink
cotton dress and a little straw hat.

"Fine! Now me!"
Helena is wearing a gold, green and
violet dress that I made from a hanky.

1940s

Next are my two 17" Patsy Joan's, 
Both from the 1940s.
who are very well behaved.
"Thank you mama."
Joan is wearing a vintage green 
gingham pinafore dress.
A perfect dress for a school day.

Very pretty Joan.

And Charlotte is wearing a vintage green
and gold organza dress.
"I'm a good girl too Mama!"
Yes, you are Charlotte.

I just love this big collar.

1950s

Next we move into the 1950s, 
starting with 10 1/2" Little Miss Revlon.

This is  Lauren wearing a beautiful
green dress made by my 
friend Susan J.

She also made this matching hat!

Also from the 1950s is my Mary Hoyer.
This is Nina. She is 14" tall and 
wearing a vintage Mary Hoyer dress.
(Love those saddle shoes!)

And of course, 20" Madame Alexander Cissy
wearing a light green flocked tea dress.

Lovely as always Cissy.

1970s

Next we move into the 1970s
These next 2 girls are from the Ideal 
Crissy family of dolls that 
all have growing hair.

This is 15" Cricket, wearing a 
smocked summer dress.
This dress is upcycled from a
girls top.

And this is 15" Mia wearing a
1970s style Granny Dress
which I made.

2010s

While AG Julie is from the 1970s era, she 
is a great transition into modern dolls
18" American Girl Julie is wearing this 1970s
style short and tunic outfit. 
The lavender and green is perfect.

This is American Girl Grace.  She was
the doll that started this whole
doll collecting and blogging
adventure! Grace is wearing a tunic
top that I made and accessorizing with
her hand crochet shoulder bag.

We hope you enjoyed our fashion show! 


11 comments:

Maryn said...

Your dolls and all of their dresses, hats, and outfits are adorable! Thank you for sharing them here!

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Maryn,
Thank you! I am so pleased you enjoyed our fashion show. I was not kidding when I said green dresses are few here! I am glad you enjoyed seeing the girls all dressed up. I enjoy sharing them.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Linda,
Thank you for being so understanding about my misbehaving dolls. And yes, they are really a trial sometimes and require some patience, especially the younger ones. :) I am so glad you enjoyed our show even with the little argument you had to witness.
Hugs
Brenda

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
I loved your show. You must have all spent so much time on it. I'm glad Ana got to wear her new dress, it's very pretty. In saying that they all look lovely dressed in green.
Anna

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Anna,
Thank you! It is a lot of work getting so many girls to stand still. Most of the girls are great, but there are always a couple troublemakers. I am so glad you enjoyed our show. I know most people would expect shamrock fabric dresses for a St. Patrick's Day show, but I like how our show came together. Besides I love violet and green together with splashes of gold.
Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Brenda this is a beautiful post Possibly my all time favorite. The girls look so pretty even when they argue. Children will be children.
Not only do they look all ready for ST.Patrick's Day celebration but they are ready for the Easter parade too. Thank You for sharing. Hope all of you had a lovely ST. Patrick's Day.
Marion

Anonymous said...

Brenda, once again you have out done yourself. This is a gorgeous blog. The dolls are lovely in their beautiful outfits. Glad they had a nice St. Patrick's Day and now onto Easter.
Happy Doll Collecting
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Brenda what a fun and lovely post. The ladies look so pretty in their finery. The fashion show was a joy to see. I am looking forward to your Easter post. Thank you for sharing.
Joan

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Marion,
Thank you! We enjoyed creating this post. I wasn’t sure if I would get it done in time, especially with the little argument that broke out. I suppose it’s time to start thinking about Easter!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Marilyn,
Thank you! I’m so glad you enjoyed this post. The girls love dressing up. I had fun adding the clover framing around the girls photos. I just found a new doll to restore today! She’ll be in my next post.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Joan,
Thank you! I am so glad you liked this post. The girls always like dressing up and sharing with everyone. You are reminding me I need to start thinking about Easter!! It’s coming up quickly!
Hugs
Brenda