My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

The Babysitter's Club

One of my first thrifting excursions in
my new home town and look who I found!
A Miss Revlon Clone and a 
Vogue Baby Ginnette!

The Miss Revlon clone came as you see her here.
I will call her Cindy, short for Cinderella.
(She lost that shoe somehow!)

Her hair is pulled back in a round bun.

She has a very sweet face.

Cindy came with stockings, panties, earrings, 
paper flowers in her hair, one gold shoe
and her gold dress.

Baby Ginny, Ginnette, is wearing 
her original onesie and bonnet.

A very sweet ruffly outfit.

Poor baby is very dirty!

Both dolls had their clothes washed,
The brown water on the right is the gold dress!
Ick...

Cindy's hair was very dry and crispy.

Sadly, her hair was very thinly rooted.
Her hair became completely straight
 after her wash!

I used this styler conditioner. I did not 
rinse it, just left it in as I combed.

After using the using the styler conditioner,
I put her hair in rollers to give it some curl.

After the rollers came out I pulled
it back into a bun.

Both dolls needed a little face refresh.

Both Baby Ginnette and Cindy got lip and 
cheeks refreshed. I also touched up Baby's hair.

Cindy's gold dress is ready to be pressed.


WANT TO SEE THEM NOW?


HERE


THEY 


ARE!!


Here is Cindy in her gold dress.

Her hair is now soft and silky.

Honestly, I don't care much for the gold dress.
But look how pretty Cindy looks
 in this Miss Revlon dress!

So prettty!!

Cindy is babysitting baby Ginnette.

Baby looks sweet as well!

Cindy and Marylou have started 
their own babysitter's club!

Oh Cindy! What a sweet baby!

Do you want to hold her?
Oh! I don't know about that!
Maybe just put her on the bed...

Marylou! How do you expect to learn how
to take care of babies if you don't pick them up!?!
(mama mama)

I hadn't thought about that...
Not a great start as a babysitter Marylou!

Before and After photos

The Gold Dress.

Gold dress next to Pink Stripe.

And, Baby Ginnette.

16 comments:

Jennifer said...

What an awesome find! I'm not a huge fan of the gold dress either, but really like the pink and white stripe on her. It looks good with her dark hair. She has a very pretty face too. Ya know sometimes those clones tend to look a little off, but this one is very pretty. Love the baby too. I hope to find one out in the wild someday. Thanks for sharing!

Anna said...

Hi Brenda, That's certainly a great start to thrifting in your new area. I agree with Jennifer, she is a very pretty Miss Revlon clone. The gold dress looks much better after you worked on it, but the Miss Revlon dress looks stunning on her. Ginnette is so sweet, she was a very lucky find, and an original outfit too! So happy you found them.
Anna

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Jennifer,
Thank you! I agree that many of hte clones are not always very pretty, but this girl certainly is. I'm glad it's not just me disliking the gold dress. The stripe dress on her is lovely. You are right, her dark hair against hte pink is very nice. I have never seen a Ginnette Baby in person before, she is very sweet. I'm happy I found these two!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Anna,
Thank you! I am so pleased with these two. It was a good day thrifting. Cindy is very pretty, She has a very sweet expression. I wish her hair were nicer though. Baby Ginnette is precious. Such a great find! I am thinking about what I want to do with this clone? Keep or sell?
Hugs
Brenda

Maryn said...

They've turned out so cute!

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Mary,
Thank you! I always enjoy a little makeover. Glad you like them too.
Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

Hello Breda
what a good start to your thrifting in a new place.. Your Revlon clone is pretty -and yes, too bad about her hair. but not everyone as great hair, and you did do an admirable job on it. I like the striped dress on her - the gold seems too formal just for babysitting.
Ginnette was a lucky find - I have one, and a Baby Susan clone - they share clothes and the pram.

I hope your thrifting adventures lead to some more treasures.

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Janet,
Thank you!
I was really happy to find 2 dolls in one day! I have never seen the baby Ginnette before in person. She is so sweet. I somehow lost her bonnet somewhere in my room. My DH and I are taking a little driving trip next week, hopefully I'll make some more finds along the way!
Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda;
You are a great finder of lovely dolls. Good Luck in your next search . The Revlon clone is lovely in her new outfits. Baby Ginnette is adorable. You did a wonderful job on them.
Marion

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda;
Love how the girls turned out. A super job by you. Ginnette i too cute and Miss Revlon clone is a beauty.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I love how Ginnette turned out. She is a beauty . You did such a first rate job. Thank You for sharing.
Marilyn

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Marion,
Thank you!! SOrry I didn't respond sooner, I was out of town. I was certainly lucky that day. AS always, I enjoy making them pretty again.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Joan,
THank you! SOrry I am slow to respond, I was out of towm. I am very happy with both these finds. They did not need a lot of work, but definitely look better after a spa day!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Marilyn,
Thank you! Ginnette is really sweet. I am so pleased I found her. I just need to find her some more outfits or maybe make them myself? hmmm.
Hugs
Brenda

GaelaLayla said...

Hi Miss Brenda! I have a clone like Cindy but with pink hair and her hair is stick straight thank you for the tutorial 💗-Gaela

Savagebd said...

Hi Gaela,
I am so pleased this post helped you with your doll's hair! I was a little shocked when her hair went so straight after washing!! I was happy with her little bun after setting her hair with curlers.
I would love to see your doll after you curl her hair!
Hugs
Brenda