My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
WE LOVE COMMENTS!! Comment as Anonymous, just sign your name!!! Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Driving Trip Doll Haul!

 So, my DH and I went on a driving trip from
Utah to Seattle and then from Seattle to Portland.
We were mostly visitng family and friends, but
along the way we stopped in Thrift Stores and
Antique Shops.  You will not believe 
In WHO ALL I FOUND!!

Our first stop was in Boise Idaho at a place
called Antique World Mall

We were not even thinking of stopping anywhere because
it was Sunday and, as most of you know, almost all
thrift stores and antique shops are closed on Sundays. 
I looked anyway and I found Antique World was open!

This place was HUGE! I was in shopping heaven.
The first thing I saw was this...

(recreated for your viewing pleasure)
An Ideal "Look Around" VELVET in her BOX!

Yes, and she was in perfect condition.

I continued looking through all the areas of the 
mall and eventually came to this area...

(recreated for your viewing pleasure)
Some familiar feet were sticking out of a 
basket of random items.

It was an Ideal CRISSY doll!

(recreated for your viewing pleasure)
I was almost done when on the last row, in the corner, in
a glass front cabinet, I saw...

This Dawn Doll case.  I asked someone if I could look inside.
Inside were these four dolls!

Glori, Angie, Dale and Dawn
It was like a 1970s nostalgia doll tour!

After visiting friends in the Seattle area, we spent 
a couple of days in a small town called 
Sedro Wooley, WA.

It had an adorable old Downtown area. It was here 
that I found a Madame Alexander Baby doll.
She was at the Sedro Wooley Goodwill shop.

She is a 15" Pussycat Doll by
Madame Alexander.

As we headed down the coast towards Portland,
to visit family, we stopped in another little town 
called Centralia, WA.  It was in one of their many
antique malls that I found...

This 1950s era Shirley Temple doll.

Finally we made it to Portland!

We visited our family who are also thrifters!
We had SO much fun going to as many
shops as we could fit in.

One place we went to was Better Bargains Thrift Store.  
I could not believe it, but as soon as I walked 
through the doors I saw...

This an 18" 1950s era Gerber Baby Doll.
You would think about this time I'd
be feeling like I had hit the doll haul of
the century, right?!?

But then we went to one last shop.
The Monticello Antique Marketplace in Portland.
It is a beautiful shop.

I walked all through this huge shop and
didn't find a thing, until...

Sitting on a bottom shelf, sad and alone, 
her legs fallen off was...

This 1950s era Madame Alexander 
Maggie Face Doll. She is 17" tall.
I am just SO happy I found this little girl. 

I will be slowly going through all these dolls
and showing you how I have restored them.
Some I have already started work on,
becauase I can't wait to fix them up!

Which doll do you want to see restored first?

No comments: