My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
WE LOVE COMMENTS!! Comment as Anonymous, just sign your name!!! Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Madame Alexander Maggie!

As requested, here is Madame Alexander Maggie.
Here she is.  Her legs are not attached in this
photo.  Luckily when I spotted her I saw
her legs lying nearby! 

I am SO glad I saw her and recognized
 her missing legs!

Here she is with everything she came with.
She still had on her original underthings and socks!
I forgot to take photos of her restringing, but
here is a useful diagram below.

I purchase my restringing elastic on
eBay or from Dollspart. You will want
to purchase elastic based on the height 
of your doll. I used stringing elastic.
Tie off the elastic inside a leg opening
 and push the ends back into the body.

Maggie borrowed some PJs from Marylou
while her dress soaked. Her hair is quite messy.

At first I was going to restyle her hair 
without washing, but I just couldn't do it!
So she got a full spa day. I finished 
with a leave-in conditioner.

Her hair is very coarse.  This is the first 
comb out. These MA dolls are highly styled 
from the factory. They used some kind of 
mega hold hair spray to hold the style, it is 
hard to wash out. She had her original hair 
clips and several odd bobby pins in her hair.

Looking better.

Her hair retained all it's curls.  I just
finger combed them back in place.

I even managed to get a little shine back
in her hair.  

This is my cleaning crew. I especially love
the Revlon Synthetic hair products for wigs.  
Sadly I can no longer find them!

I did some research and ordered this
wig spray.  I like using products designed 
for wigs on dolls with wigs. These products are 
designed to care for synthetic hair. I'll give 
you a review after I have tried it.

Here she is getting ready for the night in
a borrowed nightie.

I'm debating whether to pink her cheeks.

Maggie in her underwear and socks.

Freshly pressed dress.

Well, I decided to pink her cheeks.  She just
looked too pale!



Want to See Her Now??



HERE




SHE 




IS!




Ready for school!
I found her some new shoes.

So pensive.

And, in her coat and hat carrying her
book bag.

I am in love!!

Before        and        After

Before        and        After

I just wanted to share a couple of thoughts with 
my readers. I started blogging about dolls 
to show how simple it can be to make a 
big difference in a doll’s appearance.  I so 
enjoy bringing back a doll’s 
beauty and charm.  

The other thing I think about, a lot! is, 
‘who was the girl who kept this doll so 
carefully for so many years’? I think
her coat and hat are ‘Mom-made’.
But, she had her original underwear 
and socks! Someone kept all these 
accessories together.

Someone, somewhere, loved this doll
And kept her in beautiful condition for 
Many, many years. Oh, how I wish 
somehow that girl, who is most likely 
an old lady now, could see her precious 
Doll is loved and beautiful again.

No comments: