On our recent driving trip to Seattle, we stopped
in a little town called Sedro Wooley.
At the local Goodwill I found a Madame Alexander
15 inch Pussycat doll from 1965.
She looked a little sad, but I knew I
could make her beautiful again!
She is marked "Alexander" and 1965.
Her hair was not too bad. I knew I could
fix it.
Here is the back, it looks worse than it is.
She had a tear under her arm.
And a tear in her inseam.
Back at our hotel I washed her
hair and her arms and legs.
I picked up these little clothing pieces
at the thrift store. I couldn't stand the thought
of her being naked all the way home!
She looks a little happier.
Once we were home I fray-checked the tears
in her body. The fray-check stops the fabric
from fraying so the fix is more stable.
Under her arm repaired and...
Along her inseam.
I found this little crochet doll dress a couple
of months ago! Little did I know that a little
girl would soon arrive that it fit perfectly.
I will be adding the pink
ribbons and buttons on the back.
Isn't this button card adorable?!?
Buttons attached!
Next I started some little pink booties.
I started with a chain of 6, then started going
round and round, slowly increasing with single
crochet stitches. When it fits her foot I
started decreasing until it was snug.
WANT TO SEE HER NOW?
HERE
SHE
IS!!!
SHE
IS!!!
The pink velvet ribbon adds a bit of interest.
Here are her new booties.
And she has a name bracelet.
BUT, she has another dress!!
This dress has been in the doll closet
for a while.
When it first arrived Charlotte
modeled it, but I could see it was
meant for a baby doll.
And I was right!
Here are the Before and After photos.
Yellow crochet dress.
White christening dress.
I am SO happy with how her hair turned out!
Welcome home Ruby!


























5 comments:
What a precious doll!!! Such a cutie pie 🩷
Ruby in AL
Hi Brenda,
Ruby looks beautiful.Her hair looks amazing. I love her new dresses and her little booties are perfect.I'm glad you rescued her.
Anna
Hi Ruby,
Thank you! I agree she is precious. I am so happy with how she came out. I love Baby Dolls. (Did you notice her name is Ruby?)
Hugs
Brenda
Hi Anna,
Thank you! I am always so happy when I find these little lost dolls. I must admit she was pretty easy to restore, just wash and brush her hair. How fortunate that I had 2 dresses already that fit her!
Hugs
Brenda
Hi Brenda,
I did notice! I was excited to see I share my name with one of your dolls, they are so sweet!
Post a Comment