My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Monday, June 01, 2020

Fun with Props

Amanda: Julia!  Thank goodness you're here.  
I agreed to babysit my niece 
Sophie and forgot that Chris wanted to take me to lunch.
Can you help me out?

Julia: I'd love to! As long as it is OK with Sophie 
AND 
with Sophie's mom?

Amanda: Yes, I already checked and she is 
fine with Sophie staying with you.

Julia: I guess it's you, me and some COOKIES!
Sophie: YAY! Cookies!

Amanda: You're a life saver Julia! 
I'm late I've got to change.

Amanda:  Let's see..hanky, compact, lipstick,
I'm ready.

Chris: Wow, you look beautiful!
Amanda: Thank you Chris, you are so sweet!
We're leaving Julia!

Julia: Keep stirring that batter. 
Sophie:  I'm helping aren't I?
Julia:  Yes you are!

Julia: Well, we deserve some cookies after all our hard work.
Sophie: I agree, YUM!

John: What's all this?
Julia:  This is my friend Sophie, who just
so happens to be a terrific baker!
John: Well, how about I take you two bakers
out for lunch?

Sophie: I want a hangerber!
Julia: Do you mean a hamburger?
Sophie: That's what I said!

Julia:  John you are great!
John: Why thank you, so are you.

Sophie: Stop your googly eyes and let's go!



FUN WITH PROPS

I know, I called this 'Fun with Props', so here we go.
One of the nice things about small 8 - 10" dolls is that
you can do a lot with just paper and cardboard.

This hand trowel and seed packets are both
cutouts.

Just paper cardboard and glue!

In today's story this tray of cookies is a cutout.
I found this image online.
I added it to a word document on my computer
so I could see how large it would be compared to an 8 x 11 paper.
I got it to the right size then printed it out.

I made 2 copies of the cookie tray after
I got it the right size.

I use a glue stick to attach
my printouts to card stock or light
cardboard. white glue
will make the paper wrinkle.

All glued!

One tray I use to cutout cookies in pairs of two.
Otherwise they are too hard to work with.
The other tray I cut out complete.

Here are the tray of cookies and the cut out cookies on 
a plate - which is also a cutout!

I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial.
Have a lovely day and eat some REAL cookies!

15 comments:

Xanadu said...

It's a very nice story your little dolls portrayed there Brenda and you are so right about turning paper and cardboard into props. In photos it's really hard to tell what the props are made of and the cookies look almost good enough to eat.
Big hugs,
X

Dorothy In PA said...

What a cute story. I love that the men are playing a role.

The cookies look yummy.

Anonymous said...

Brenda the story is adorable. The dolls all look so lovely in their outfits.
Joan

Anonymous said...

The story is lovely. Betsy McCall's dress is beautiful. Did you make it? Good job with the props.
Marion

Anonymous said...

What a fun story. Love the outfits on all the ladies. Those cookies look real enough to eat.
Marilyn

Savagebd said...

Thank you Xanadu,

I have so much fun making accessories and props from things I have at hand. I'm glad you light my little photo play.

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Dorothy,

I was fortunate to find 2 Vogue Jeff dolls with suits. I am having fun making things for these 10 and 11 inch dolls.

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Joan,

I made Julia's dress and the 2 men's ties, but Amanda's dress was a vintage piece I found! I just washed and pressed the dress and added the bow at the waist. I think it is very nice.

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Marion,

No, I didn't make Betsy's dress. I know, so cute! I found this dress along with a matching tiny baby doll on eBay. These tiny crocheted dresses are deceptively simple looking. I tried to make one and it was not successful, haha!

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Marilyn,

I think the cookies came out looking VERY delicious, if I do say so myself. It is fun creating things out of thin air practically to add to the scenes for my dolls.

Hugs
Brenda

Sharon said...

A very cute little story and thank you for the tips on the cookies and other paper props.
Hugs xx

Savagebd said...

Thank you Sandra,

I am glad you enjoyed this post, I had fun creating it! Sophie's little dress is adorable. I am envious of those who can crochet and knit these tiny dresses.

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Sharon,

I do like to play dolls. :) I am always looking for ways to create props and accessories for dolls that anyone can make. I like to share all my fun with dolls.

Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

Props are so much fun, You did a masterful job of creating those cookie trays - finding the right picture and getting the size right is a well done task.

I rarely make props, I have BOUGHT quite a few though!

I do make cards for my dolls, by finding vintage looking cards on line, I can make my dolls a whole bunch very easily.

I love Sophie's crocheted dress - it really suit her very well!

Janet

Savagebd said...

Thank you Janet,

That is a great idea, making cards. I made Valentines for my AG dolls years ago, did a whole post about it, but never thought about other cards.

I love Sophie's crochet dress. It was a set that came with matching undershorts and a tiny baby doll. I will have to make a future post about Sophie.

Hugs
Brenda