My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Sunday, July 19, 2020

MORE Vintage Doll Dresses!

Yes, I have MORE vintage doll dresses.
I will sometimes let a lot of time go by
without once looking through vintage
doll clothes on eBay.
Then, suddenly, I'll go a little crazy 
and bid on several lots at once.
This lot arrived as I was finishing my previous post.
I did not wash this lot as they smelled fresh and clean!

These are perfect PJs for Cindy.

Now she is ready for a sleepover.

Next is this grey skirt.
Looks perfect for school.

Cindy looks ready for class in
this classic skirt and blouse.
Who doesn't love a red school bag?

This pink dress is my favorite.
I love the scalloped skirt.

How cute is this?

Next is this simple little white dress.
I think it is either batiste or organdy.

I wanted to see how it looked on Joam.

Lovely.

This next gown is a bit of a mystery.
I think it is a Hostess gown, but
Not sure what the extra piece is for.

Here it is on my Miss Revlon, Emily.
I know, beautiful!

This is what puzzled me.
It's too short for a wrap.
I tried using it like a sash, nope.

Here it is pretending to be a wrap.
This belt looks great with this dress.

This next dress is a bonus.
It came all on its own.
I really thought it might fit my Little Miss Revlon.
Nope! Too big, but who might it fit?

When it arrived it had fabric flowers
STAPLED to the front!
I know, what were they thinking?

It fit my Shirley Temple perfectly.
I removed the staples and pressed the dress.

How sweet is that?

 
Here are my two curly top besties
wearing their new dresses.

So, what now?

A SLEEPOVER PARTY OF COURSE!!

21 comments:

Sharon said...

Another great find! I particularly love the white dress on your baby Joam, I really like dark skinned dolls in white clothes.
I also like the checked dress on Shirley Temple, she has such a sweet face that I think she'd probably look good in anything.
As for the extra piece with the grey dress, could it be some sort of head piece?
Hugs Sharon in Spain

Savagebd said...

Thank you Sharon,

I like the white dress too. It is a very ethereal dress. Patsy is beautiful in it. I wondered if it were some kind of head piece as well, but couldn't figure out what it should look like. It is definitely a mystery. Maybe I'll make it into a matching handbag?

Hugs
Brenda

Dorothy In PA said...

Thank you for the fashion show! The clothing you found was extraordinary. I echo Sharon. I love the white dress on Joan.

How sweet that the best friends are having a slumber party. When I go to doll conventions with friends (well not this year) I feel like we have slumber parties. I think that one never out grows them.

Savagebd said...

Thank you Sharon.

I'm am so pleased you enjoyed our fashion show. Joan is such a lovely girl. I do love sleepovers, especially with my dolls, they go to sleep as soon as they lie down! It's amazing. I am so envious of you! I want to go to a doll convention! I have wanted to go to one for years and never had one near enough. I will one day, sigh.

Hugs
Brenda

Zacisze Lenki said...

Outstanding shopping. I really like the white dress and the hostess gown. Perhaps an accessory is a hand muff? Hugs

Savagebd said...

Thank you Zacisze,

I enjoy seeking out vintage doll clothes. You never know exactly what you'll find til they arrive. The white dress is definitely everyone's favorite! The hostess gown accessory is definitely the biggest mystery! Haha! So glad you stopped by.

Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Lovely finds. I love the school outfit on Cindy.
Joan

Anonymous said...

The sleep over is cute. Cindy and Shirley are adorable in their new outfits.
Marion

Anonymous said...

So many pretty outfits to choose from. I like the green and pink checkered dress. Thank You for sharing the lovely dresses.
Marilyn

Savagebd said...

Thank you Joan,

I too liked the school outfit. Her school bag is actually a Pleasant Co. Molly shoulder bag. I was thinking that I wished she had a red school bag for her outfit and rummaging around I found it!

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Marion,

I thought since I mentioned sleepovers with the new PJs it would be a fun way to conclude our fashion show. I'm glad you liked it too.

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Marilyn,

I like that dress too. I was so surprised it fit Shirley since I was sure it was the size for my Little Miss Revlon doll. One good thing about collecting all sizes of dolls, there is always someone who can wear it!

Hugs
Brenda

Jenny said...

Brenda, the textured pastel plaid dress you have put on your Shirley Temple, is for the hard plastic American Character Sweet Sue, the 14" size! I made one for a 14" doll, using a TLC larger dress.
Jenny :-)

Savagebd said...

Thank you Jenny,

I had no idea! I looked online and found TLC Doll Hospital and accessories. Is this where the dress came from? I love finding out where doll items originated. I really like this dress, so cute!

Hugs
Brenda

lil red hen said...

Love them all and what a bonus to have them so clean and no tears.

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
All your new finds are lovely.It's too hard to pick a favourite!
The girls all look beautiful.The sleepover looks fun too!
Anna

Savagebd said...

Thank you Charlotte, (Lil Red Hen)

It was nice to find all these clothes do fresh and clean. It is unusual, so many old dolls and doll clothes get that old stored in the attic smell. It was nice being able to just press and take photos.

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Anna,

I had a lot of fun with this lot of clothes and dresses. I agree with you that it is hard to pick a favorite. I am pleased with all these finds. I think a sleepover is a great way to end a fashion show.

Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

You certainly got a good find. I love everything, but especially the school girl outfit.

I agree, having many sizes of dolls is a very good thing!

Janet

Savagebd said...

Thank you Janet,

I agree, I think this was a great lot. I like everything in it. I must admit the school outfit is my favorite too. I am already beginning to look forward to Fall!

Hugs
Brenda

Xanadu said...

What fabulous finds Brenda, and you have dolls for each of them, how wonderful they all look on. :)
I think binge shopping is a great past time, I have just done the same with books!! LOL!
Have a lovely week, big hugs,
X