My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Vintage Doll Dresses


I am always looking for a possible lot of vintage doll
clothes.  These are two of my recent finds.
This group of dresses was heavy in pink. That is always a draw.

This lot had some interesting fabrics and styles.

I always gently wash all the vintage doll clothes
I purchase.  Most clothes do well and brighten up
with a gentle wash. Never scrub just swish!

There were some minor repairs.

There were some holes needing to be stabilized.

This little dress I removed and replaced 
all the lace around the neckline.

Here is the same dress after 
freshening up.

Very sweet.

This dress mostly needed to be pressed.

How pretty is this dress on Joan?

I also love it on Molly, but sadly
it is a little too tight.

This little bed jacket was in great shape.

Ann looks ready to be tucked in.

I wasn't so sure about this skirt, but...

Look at it paired with this pink blouse!

Now one of my favorites!

This dress is made from flannel, but
I love the tiny flower pattern.

Here's Charlotte in her first fashion show!
I think the sleeves need something.

Here are 2 pink dresses from the first lot.

Here is Ann and...

Charlotte, both pretty in pink.

This red plaid dress will be fun for Christmas.

Joan always looks pretty in red.

This pinafore skirt has a lot of potential.

I added a yellow blouse and how cute is that?

Another yellow and blue dress.

Again, this dress just needed a wash and press.
First, I tried it on Patsy.

Then I tried it on Joan.

I think Joan wore it best!

Some more yellow, but SO rumpled.

My Molly liked this dress.
It looks like a 1940s style.

She even had a hat and gloves to finish
her look.

I also recently found another vintage doll quilt.

It looks perfect in this antique cradle.

Overall I am very pleased with all these new doll dresses.
I hope you enjoyed seeing them too!

ONE MORE THING!
My friend Anna asked about how I manage to 
press all these dresses so well.
I have a secret weapon!
A tiny ironing board.

This little ironing board was made by my husband as a prop.
One day I was trying fruitlessly to iron out
some puff sleeves on a little dress and thought,
"I need a small ironing board!"
I grabbed this prop and presto!
It worked great.

12 comments:

lil red hen said...

Oh yes!! I did enjoy seeing the dresses and the terrific changes you made to them. I especially liked Molly in the yellow dress. Thanks for sharing the treasures you find. I recently cleaned up the Baby Tender Love we have. Her hair was standing up, all thick and matted. After a good bath and shampoo, she looks cute. She belonged to my youngest daughter and I can't wait to see what she thinks about the transformation.

Dorothy In PA said...

I always love your fashion shows. It is lovely to see how you rescue and revive vintage dolly clothing. And your models are just too cute and so well behaved (smile). I look forward to seeing what you discover next.

Savagebd said...

Thank you Charlotte,

I was not sure what to do with that yellow dress Molly wore. It is actually fitted for a large baby doll, but the fabric looks to mature for a baby. Molly looked great in it. I would LOVE to see your Baby Tender Love! I had one when I was girl and I loved that baby doll!

HUgs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Dorothy,

I have having these fashion shows. My models are all so VERY well behaved. They never give me a moments trouble. I actually have another set of clothes that just arrived! So stay tuned.

Hugs
Brenda

Sharon said...

What really lovely finds, and such pretty models you have there :)
xx

Anonymous said...

Thank You for sharing the lovely dresses. The little ladies look so happy in their new outfits.
Joan,Marion and Marilyn

Savagebd said...

Thank you Sharon,

We are very happy with these finds. The girls all enjoy a fashion show. They are so patient and stand still as long as I need to shoot photos. ;)

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Joan, Marion and Marilyn,

All the girls enjoyed the fashion show. They always like to try on new clothes. What girl doesn't? They never ever argue about who gets to keep which dress either. They all like to share.

Hugs
Brenda

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
Your outfits are lovely.Your girls look gorgeous in them.
You do a lovely job tidying them up.Do you use a smaller iron for your doll clothes?Your little dresses always look so well ironed.
Thanks for sharing them
Anna

Savagebd said...

Thank you Anna,

The girls and I love trying on new clothes! They are such terrific models, never restless or complaining. ;)

I use a full-size iron, BUT I have a tiny ironing board for sleeves and details. I'll add a photo to illustrate. This little ironing board was made by my husband as a prop for my dolls, but I started using it in earnest for tiny sleeves. It makes hugs difference when trying to iron out doll dresses.

Hugs
Brenda

MARIMAY said...

Hello Brenda, I think part of the joy of collecting vintage dolls if they have vintage clothes as a bonus is when they just need a little wash and iron and perhaps a little bit of lace or the odd stitch. Its so rewarding to see how they once looked, I,ve loved looking at your finds and to see how you bring them back to how they were.

Savagebd said...

Thank you Marimay,

I love makeovers! Whether it is a doll or some doll clothes or both! I love making something old and tossed away new and beautiful again. If you click on the header photo on my blog page it takes you to a listing of my dolls and most of them were makeover dolls!

So glad you found my blog.

Hugs
Brenda