My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Marylou needs PJs!

(And maybe a dress too?)

During the girl's Christmas Post, Marylou 
did not have a nightgown or PJs!
She was actually wearing
Emily's pink velvet dress.

(Marylous wearing a velvet dress
instead of PJs)

SO, I started a search online and playing around with 
the idea of making a nightgown or PJs.

Before I made a decision about sewing something,
I saw this vintage PJ set online. The ad
said they were for a 17" doll.
I decided to take a chance.

The bottoms needed new elastic.

As well as the sleeves.

I found one little hole in the bottoms where it had 
been folded for so many years inside its package.

Here is one of the sleeves with new elastic.

Both pieces needed to be pressed.

Here are Marylou's new PJs!

Here is a close-up of Marylou's cute slippers.

Nice PJs Marylou!
Well, Marylou is very happy about
her new PJs and ready to sit and read 
a good book...

WAIT! You said a dress too!

Oh, right.  
Hehe

Not long after I found and restored Emily,
and ordered this Blue Taffeta for her.
I wanted to get another taffeta dress for Marylou.

I decided on this Rose dress.

Here it is! Doesn't she look pretty?

Rose is a great color on Marylou.

Here are Emily and Marylou both
wearing their Taffeta dresses.

Oh how we love a new dress!

18 comments:

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
What a nice surprise to see your latest post this morning. Those PJs are perfect. What a fantastic find. The girls look stunning. The dresses are beautiful on them.
Anna

Anonymous said...

Marylou looks very fashionable in her PJs and dresses. Nice job on the pants and sleeve.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Marylou looks so pretty in her new PJs. The dresses on Emily and Marylou are lovely. Great job Brenda on the repair work.
Marion

Savagebd said...

Thank you Linda,

I am happy with this solution for Marylou's sleepwear. I was not getting excited about making something, so happy to find these PJs just needing a little elastic. I love these two dresses. They are made in a vintage Miss Revlon style I love.

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Anna,

So glad you enjoyed this post. The PJs are better than I had hoped. I love that they are vintage too. I am in love with Marylou's pink dress, which seems silly since it is exact in every way to Emily's. I think I just like the pink.

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Joan,

I was happy to find these PJs instead of having to sew something. I didn't mind having to replace some elastic. They were easy to unstitch just enough to add fresh elastic, so vey happy with that!

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Marion,

I am very happy with the PJs and the new dress. I didn't mind a little repair work for the PJs, especially since they are vintage!

Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Great job Brenda on the pajamas. They lovely on Marylou and so comfortable. Those dresses are gorgeous. Pink is my favorite color so I would have to choose that one.
Marilyn

Maryn said...

The PJs came out super-cute! And MaryLou's dress is lovely!

marimay said...

The p.js are perfect, loving the pink dress too, the little slippers are so sweet with the pj,s . I love the stories that go with their outfits, wer'e lucky to get these little treats...real escapism away from all the nasty stuff going on, keep it up..we appreciate the time and trouble you take.

Savagebd said...

Thank you Marilyn,

I am very happy with Marylou's new PJs and dress. I too like pink, so that must be why I like it so much. :)

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Maryn,

I wasn't certain, when I ordered the PJs, if they would fit, but they were perfect as you saw! Everyone needs something to lounge about in. right? I am very pleased with her dress too.

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Marimay!

I am SO happy if my silly little trips into doll play can brighten your day. We certainly all need some escapism these days. Hearing you say that makes my day!
I love little details like the pink foofy slipper's

Hugs
Brenda

Dorothy In PA said...

Marylou looks so pretty in her PJs. The slippers are adorable.

I love the dresses. You always find the best items!

Savagebd said...

Thank you Dorothy,

I must say I am pleased with Marylou's PJs. I had PJs in mind when I was thinking what I wanted for her. I do love these dresses. They are both from the same site. I like that they are made in a classic Miss Revlon style.

Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet said...

HI Brenda,

The pajamas are just perfect -Ai nice that you make sure she gets plenty of her favorite color -pink!
That's good they suit her. I love the way you fitted the pajamas to her, the fitted waistline really looks great!

Janet

Savagebd said...

Thank you Janet!

I am very happy with Marylou's PJs. It was so simple to replace the elastic in the waist and sleeves. She does like pink and it looks so good on her.

Hugs
Brenda