My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Happy New Year!

 Hello friends! Happy New Year!  Sorry we have been so quiet here.  

My whole family got Covid for Christmas.  Sigh.

So I thought I would just say hello and share some of my favorite doll moments from 2020.

Click on the links to see the full posts for each month.

In January 2020, our first doll restore of the year, 
Emily, decided on her name.

With the help of her new big sister Cissy.

In February I shared my Raggedy Ann and Andy collection.


In March the dolls all shared their vintage doll quilts.

And their new 'Mom-made' doll quilts.

In April I found my Little Miss Revlon, Julia

And created a doll townhouse for her

And her bestie Amanda.

In May we shared our love of Baby Dolls.


June brought us Charlotte! What a wonderful find!

Before and After

July found us enjoying the beach with the 10.5" fashion dolls.


August took us all back to school.



In September the dolls had a Labor Day 
White Dress fashion show.

October made us long for Fall Fashions and

Cozy coats

And warm sweaters.

In November a day of thrifting found Marylou!

Before and After

And finally December was here.
All the dolls celebrated in different ways.


AND


Before we realized it the New Year was rung in
and 2020 was at an end.

Thank you all for a lovely year
of doll fun and friends.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

11 comments:

Savagebd said...

Hi Linda,
Thank you. we are all well and came through just fine. My two teen-agers popped back after 3 or 4 days, my husband and I were struggling for over 2 weeks! But all is well. we are recovered now.

I am SO excited to see your Miss Revlon! Congratulations! They are such lovely dolls. I love their fashions - so elegant. I have been SO fortunate to find 2 Miss Revlons in thrift stores. I think I have a doll angel that takes me to the right stores on the right days. I hope to see your Miss Revlon on your blog. I can't wait.

Hugs
Brenda

Sharon said...

I'm sorry to hear that you and your family have been unwell, this virus is a blooming nightmare. I hope you're on the mend now though.
Your dolls and photos of them are lovely, thank you for sharing them.
Hugs Sharon in Spain x

Savagebd said...

Thank you Sharon,

We are all doing great now. It is a blooming nightmare! Totally agree with that. Happy New Year.

Hugs
Brenda

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
Sorry to hear you have been unwell. I am glad you and your family are feeling better now. I guess you are still getting your energy levels back up. That always take time!
I have so enjoyed your stories and makeovers this year. Your photo's are always beautiful. It has been an awful year and covid has added to it, and your blog has really helped me through it.
Like Linda, your Miss Revlon post inspired me and I have been able to add not one but two 18 inch Miss Revlon dolls to my collection. I have made them an outfit each so far and they are lovely to sew for.
Thanks again for your lovely posts
Anna

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you and your family had the Covid. Hope you are all feeling better and on the road to recovery. Will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.
Joan,Marion and Marilyn

Savagebd said...

Thank you Anna!

Thank you, we are all fine now, just slow getting my usual energy back. I am so glad that my blog brought you some enjoyment during this difficult year. I am more gratified than I can express. :)

I am so excited that you got 2 Miss Revlon dolls! I want to see their dresses! You, and Linda, might like to join the 'Glamour Doll' online club I belong to:

https://groups.io/g/GlamourDolls

It is for Miss Revlon, Dollikin and Cissy type dolls. You, or any reader, can always share photos through my gmail for this blog: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

Hello Brenda,

Thank you for the lovely retrospecitve - there were some good things about this year!

You always treat your dolls so well, the new ones get pampered, and restored to glory - and of course, everyone gets something new an delightful to wear.

It's good that you and your family are recovered = go slowly, you don't want to get worn out and relapse!
Make sure to get outside and walk in the sunshine!

Your friend,

Janet

Savagebd said...

Thank you Joan, Marion and Marilyn,

You three have been with the Savage Pea right from the start! I appreciate you three so much. We are all on the mend and just waiting for my usual energy to return. My sense of smell is slowly coming back, thank goodness, so I am optimistic.

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Janet!

Luckily for us here in Southern Cali, we get plenty of sunshine all year round. I do need to get outside though, as you suggested. There were many good things about this year and I am grateful I was able to share them with all my friends here. The doll community are the nicest, sweetest people I know. :)

Like my readers here, my dolls let me forget the outside world a bit and surround myself with a little fun and make believe. There is also the wonderful fashions and accessories that go along with that. What could be better?

Hugs
Brenda

Maryn said...

So glad you are all recovered!

Savagebd said...

Thank you Maryn,

Me too! We are all recovered now and ready for a new year.

Hugs
Brenda