My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

The Search is on!

 

I was on facebook the other day and my friend 

Susan J. had a new post about her 

Little Miss Revlon Doll dresses on her facebook page, 

"The Attic Couturier".

The Attic Couturier

Susan sews reproduction dresses for Little Miss Revlon dolls.
Aren't her dresses adorable!?

I commented on Facebook about how lovely
Susan's dresses were and how amazing
her sewing skills.

LO AND BEHOLD!
My Aunt Jan asked if Susan sold the dolls, or
just the dresses?

(Aunt Jan, Uncle Colin and grand daughter Kaloni)

Well, I had no idea my Aunt Jan had
a Little Miss Revlon doll when she was a girl.
Her mother gave the doll away after she got 
married and seeing the Attic Couturier post
sparked those fond childhood memories.

SO, what did I do?
I told my Aunt Jan I would love to find and restore
 (if needed) a Little Miss Revlon doll for her.

I started a search and this is
what I found....

This doll had lingerie, stockings,
earrings and her box. I know
brunettes are sought after, but
I was really thinking of a blonde.

This doll had a dress, but I wasn't sure what
condition her hair was in.

This doll has good color and a couple
extra outfits, that's always nice, 
but I really wanted a light blonde.

This doll has the light blonde hair
which I was looking for, but
not much else going for her.

This doll has stockings, lingerie,
earrings and a tagged skirt.
Very interesting.

Last but not least. I found this lovely
lady.  She has Lingerie, shoes and earrings.
Really lovely.

SO, which doll do you think
will be the selected doll
for my Aunt Jan?

Here she is, just arrived in the mail!

Wow, she came with her vintage letter!
There was also a nice thank you note
and some misc. items.

Here she is!
She came wrapped in tissue 
and tied with a pink ribbon.

First thing she got a bath and hair wash.

As you can see in the listing
photo, she came with pearl
earrings, but she needed a necklace.

I start with a fine wire and bend one end
over tight. Then just string small
seed beads until it is long enough to go back
around your doll's neck.

When the length is right cut your wire
leaving enough room to bend the
remainder in a tight loop to finish.

The necklace is great.
She is a bit faded, so she will get some 
new cheek and lip color.

I always use a flesh tone and a melon tone for cheeks.
I mix the colors and using a makeup sponge
I dip in the paint and pat it off on 
a paper towel.

For her lips I used the melon color I mixed
to refresh her cheeks.

She is all dressed and lovely.
Want to see her?



HERE




SHE




IS!



She is dressed in a vintage prom dress.

I added her little hand bag, bandeu hat
and shoulder wrap.

She is all ready to go, but I have 
some other surprises for Aunt Jan.

Want a sneak peek?



Any guesses what I am up to?

While I was busy preparing the surprise
part of this package, the girls were
getting to know one another.

Having tea and....

Long conversations....

And finally a farewell to their newest friend.
Parting is such sweet sorrow!

She is on her way Aunt Jan!
Now, we just want to know what her name will be.


22 comments:

Faye M Kisker said...

I thought you were going to choose her. You did a lovely job restoring her.
The high color cheeks are my favorite.
Faye

Faye Kisker said...

Aunt Jan will be thrilled!
Faye

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Faye,
This doll was so lovely all I did was pink her cheeks and lips. Her hair is shiny and smooth. So incredible in a doll this age.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

I think so too Faye! I can’t wait for her to reach her new home.
Hugs
Brenda

Five and Dime said...

I just discovered your blogs and I believe I have read every page. We must be going through the same phase as my doll collection has increased rapidly in the last year or so.
I just found some old 10 1/2 inch doll patterns in my collection. They are darling but I don't have any dolls of that size and type. Hmmm...maybe I need one.
Your gift looks just awesome. She has the perfect look, loved but refreshed. (Cue "Younger Than Springtime" from "South Pacific")
I am also an adoptive mom and now two of my daughters have children of their own. It's awe inspiring knowing you've changed the look of a family line for generations. Like adding spice to a meal!
Thanks for your inspiration,
Lynn S from Union, Oregon

Susan J in IL said...

Oh, Brenda - What a lovely surprise for your Aunt Jan! I had been feeling remiss about not having responded yet to her inquiry on my Attic Couturier Facebook page, but I think this is a much better outcome... this is SUCH a meaningful gift, coming from you. And I love all the extras she'll find, too! You did a terrific job 'shopping', and you did a magnificent job of making this late-middle-aged doll look as young as ever!
(And thank you for featuring some of my repro outfits in your blog post - it was kinda fun to see them here!)

Janet said...

Hi Brenda,

Your Aunt Jan is going to be soooo pleased! That LMR is fabulous - of course, your
hair an dmake up really brought out the best a pretty girl.

I really liked your directions on the necklace, I have some beads waiting - and I hope to make my little ladies some jewelry to - Time is often a factor for me, but I thnk I wi just have to pick a day and devote it to my dolls.

You certainly inspire me !

Janet

Anonymous said...

Brenda what a wonderful surprise for your Aunt Jane . she will love her new girl. Great job.
Joan

Jenny said...

Brenda, what a wonderful surprise for you Aunt Jan!! I have enjoyed putting together some doll 'trunk sets' for others over the years, and like to have them in my own collection. I love giving a doll with wardrobe options and accessories!
Big dolly hugs,
Jenny, Shelton, WA :-)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift for your Aunt Jan The doll choice is nice but they area all lovely. The clothes you put on her are pretty. Good job.
Marion

Anonymous said...

The doll yo picked out is quite lovely. Love the clothes. Congratulations on a job well done Brenda.
Marilyn

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Lynn,
I’m so glad you enjoyed both my blogs. The AG blog has been shut down several years now, but I’m glad you found this blog fun. I enjoy playing dolls ans sharing with my friends here.
Hope you come back again
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Susan,
I love sharing your creations they are so beautiful. I shared one of your outfits with my Aunt Jan, sshhh it’s our secret, hehe. I thought it would be like coming full circle since it was your page that started all this.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Janet,
My Aunt saw the post and she said she was very moved and excited about her doll. She has shared some ideas about her name but I won’t tell until my next post which will reveal the secret surprise.
The little wire necklaces are so quick and easy. I do the same thing to make bracelets. The fine wire is easy to work with. Let me know how it goes.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Joan,
She saw this post and she is very happy and excited. I mailed her doll today. I can’t wait for her to open the box!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Jenny,
My Aunt saw this post and she is so excited and pleased. I can’t wait for her to see her new doll. I couldn’t let her go home without some pretty clothes. I love sharing anyway.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marion,
They are all really lovely, you are right. I wanted this doll to be special for my Aunt. I think I did pretty good. My Aunt saw this post and she is really happy and excited.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marilyn,
I wanted to dress her up in something really pretty. She is a very lovely doll. Her hair is shiny and smooth. So unusual in a doll this age.
Hugs
Brenda

Maryn said...

Your aunt will definitely love her new doll! Beautiful job on the restoration and I love the white dress with blue polka dots and bow! Thanks so much for sharing here.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Maryn,
My Aunt should be getting her doll today. I am excited to hear her reaction when she opens her package. That polka dot dress was a no-name pice I found online and added a little matching belt. So simple and so sweet.
Hugs
Brenda

Dorothy In PA said...

Dear Brenda, you are definitely the doll whisper. She is adorable! You found the perfect doll for Aunt Jan.

Can I be Aunt Dorothy (laugh)?

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Aunt Dorothy,
I really enjoyed this doll adventure especially as it was for my Aubt Jan. I do love creating doll fun for my friends and family. I’m so glad you liked what I did.
Hugs
Brenda