My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Friday, August 13, 2021

A Summer Hometown Event

 I am a member of the "Little Miss Revlon and Friends" 
online doll club.  
Join Little Miss Revlon and Friends
We are having a summer event called"hometown".  

We are all going to share photos of our dolls in 
our hometown.  It is a fun way to learn more 
about each other and where we are each from.

Amanda and Julia decided to make
the hometown event a "stay-cation" 
in their new camper.
The girls found the perfect camping 
spot with a view of Doheny Beach.

You may recall that the gang frequently 
spend their  days at Doheny Beach.

Where is this stay-cation taking place?
DANA POINT, CA!

Dana Point is right in the middle between 
LA to the north and San Diego to the south.

Dana Point is named after Richard Henry Dana.
R.H. Dana was a noted abolitionist
 and during the Civil War was 
a United States Attorney

R.H. Dana also wrote this book about
his time as a sailor on the Brig sailing vessel.

Back at their camp-site the girls enjoy
a relaxing and beautiful view.

A camping blanket and beach chairs are perfect
to catch some sun.

Back to sight-seeing. Next the girls stop
at the Harbor Island.

The girls watch boaters heading out for the day.
The man-made seawall protects our small harbor.

During high tides the seawall can have some
spectacular waves crashing over.

If you were driving down Highway 1 in 1928 one
of the only stops was the Blue Lantern
Gas station and lunch cafe.

Though no longer a gas station, this historic
landmark is now a fine restaurant, The Coastal Kitchen.

Every year Dana Point hosts a Tall Ships
festival.  There are lots of fun activities to learn about life
aboard these historic tall sailing vessels.

This is the Chilcote Family Custom House
and boat wright barn.

Julia and Amanda in front of the Custom House.

Right next to Dana Point is the San Juan Capistrano Mission.
San Juan Capistrano Mission is called
the "Jewel of the Missions" 

For it's beautiful gardens and fountains.

Back to the camper for a little snack
before a little whale watching!

Dana Point is known for it's whales, dolphins and
many other sea creatures and birds.

Sea lions are also a common sight around the harbor.

Well, the girls have enjoyed sharing their stay-cation.  
We hope you have enjoyed our hometown,
 Dana Point, California.

10 comments:

Maryn said...

Beautiful pics! I'm sure your dolls had a wonderful "stay-cation"!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Maryn,
They had a great stay-cation. We visited spits all over town and had a great time.
Hugs
Brenda

Unknown said...

Wonderful staycation! My dad was a park ranger at Doheny Beach 1962-1964 and we lived there. That's where I received my Miss Revlon for Christmas. My mom found her at a thrift store and made an entire wardrobe for her. None of that survived and she spent many years naked. But now has a lovely dress that I purchased from someone online who made it.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you for sharing,
I love that you still have your Miss Revlon after all this time! I also like that she was rescued from a thrift store, most of my favorite dolls came from thrift or antiques stores needing cleaning and restoring.
That is so cool that your dad was a park ranger here. I love stories like that.
Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

Hello Brenda,

How fabulous it must be to live on the coast. I would love to be near the sea!
The view from the hill where the camper is parked is glorious1 Thanks for showing your locvely town.

janet

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Janet,
I do love living here. I am very grateful and never want to take it for granted.
I always have fun with my blog.
Hugs
Brenda

Susan J in IL said...

This has been an absolutely lovely vacation! (Your hometown tourist board needs to make you their chairman - anybody would be totally sold on coming to visit!) What an absolutely gorgeous place to call home! Your photos and narrative are, as always, so enchanting... it's like reading a favorite storybook.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Susan,
I always have fun creating posts. I also love where I live and fell so very fortunate. I’m really pleased that you enjoyed my post.
Hugs
Brenda

Unknown said...

Wow- Wonderful photos -- so creative and joyful!! I love to see people play with their dolls. I just loved every photo. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Jean

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Jean,
I do have fun with my dolls. I like dolls I can play with. I mean why else would you have dolls? I’m so glad you enjoyed my photos.
Hugs
Brenda