My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Saturday, August 28, 2021

Some added surprises for Little Miss Revlon!

 

I recently found and refreshed this lovely 
Little Miss Revlon doll for my Aunt Jan,
who has named her doll Sybil.

I hinted that there were some other surprises 
in the works. I am going to
show you everything!

I picked up this storage box from the craft store.
What is this going to be?

NEXT
I started making some furnishings.

My first furniture piece started with a little 4x4x4
shipping box.  I opened it up and trimmed
 it down to 10". For more details click below.

I glued batting all around it.
Guess what this will be?

On the underside I added some more 
cardboard for strength.

I also started this little crochet project.
JUST WAIT!!!

I also had a couple pair of plastic doll heels.
I wanted to do a shoe makeover on them.

I start out by cutting off the plastic straps.
(they seem to break after awhile)
You can see I already cut out felt
insoles.

I measured and pinned a satin ribbon
around the doll's foot and tacked it with a 
tiny spot of glue. Make sure this pinned 
ribbon slides off the doll's foot.

I slid the felt inside the loop of satin ribbon
and glued it down to the plastic heel.
The bottom edge of ribbon should touch 
the flat bottom of the toe flat.

VOILA!

You can see I did the same with the white shoes.

This is one of my sneak peek photos...

In the sneak peek was this a blue floral dress,

this red-stripe holiday dress,

this summery polka dot dress,

And this adorable summer outfit.
I specifically wanted to share this outfit
with Aunt Jan because...

This outfit was made by Susan J. 
I thought it apropos since it was 
through her facebook page this
whole doll adventure began.

And, of course, this lovely
prom dress.

Here is the second peek and...

The third.  
Want to see what it all is?

A box doll room!

A handy storage shelf filled
with tiny doll accessories.

Including this little jewelry box.

A wreath, perfume bottles and tea.

Everything fits neatly inside.
Including a doll and all her dresses.

Alright girls, one last hug goodbye!
Your new cousin is off to her
new home.

Here is Aunt Jan just after she recieved her 
doll package.

And her new doll and doll room all set up
and ready for new adventures.


Love you Aunt Jan,
Hugs
Brenda

12 comments:

Karen said...

What a great project! Especially love the doll box and furnishings.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Karen,
I had a lot of fun n with this project. I enjoy creating doll rooms. It goes back to my Barbie travel case as a kid. Glad you liked all I did.
Hugs
Brenda

Densie said...

Beautiful! And what a nice gift for Aunt Jan!
Denise Fischer

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Denise.
I am really happy with how everything came out. My Aunt is very happy so that makes it all so worth while.
Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

HI Brenda,

What a thoughful, and fabulous gift, for your Aunt Jan. I love the clothes, and al the accessories, but best of all I love that bedspread - it's so elegant!

I do hope your Aunt is interested in joining LMR and Friends. I'll be happy to approved her if she applies. We do have fun !

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Janet,
The fabric is something I found at a very special thrift store. The store is run by volunteers and one lady used to be a quilting teacher. So they sell all these beautiful small scale fabric pieces that she carefully rolls and labels. It is perfect for doll projects since I usually need such small pieces. I meant to use these for a doll dress, but they were perfect for this doll room.
I too hope Aunt Jan joins the doll club. I really do think she’ll enjoy it.
Hugs
Brenda

Jenny said...

Brenda, I just LOVE it!!
Hugs, Jenny :-)

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Jenny,
I had a lot of fun making this. I’m glad you liked it.
Hugs
Brenda

Maryn said...

Just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Maryn,
I am so pleased you like what I created.
Hugs
Brenda

Anna said...

Hi Brenda, I love your ideas, you are so clever! I hope your Aunt Jan loves her new Miss Revlon and accessories. She is very lucky!
Anna

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Anna.
My Aunt Jan loves her new doll and accessories. I wanted her to have something to play with her granddaughter as well and to pass down. I’m really pleased you liked what I did for my Aunt.
Hugs
Brenda