My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 07, 2021

Doll Dresses and More


I was looking through my
project basket and found this
partially finished dress.
I was making it for a 14"  chubby composition doll.
It was never finished for some reason.

This dress was made from this vintage pattern,
I have made several versions of
this pattern.

I wanted to see if I could
size it down to fit my Ana doll.

First thing I did was add a tighter gather around
the front neckline.

Next I opened up the hemline and narrowed
the dress width a little.

Rather than bias tape, I used a bias
lace and finished the neckline.

The next morning I went thrifting and found
this American Girl Bitty Baby.

She was actually very clean and 
needed no cleaning.  

Coincidentally. I had found these doll
dresses a couple months earlier.
They are for a 16" chubby baby doll. 
I didn't have a 16" chubby babydoll anymore, 
but I held onto them for some reason.

Here she is wearing the blue gingham dress.

Very cute!

Here she is in the christening gown.
So sweet!

As I usually do, I looked through
the doll dresser for other dresses
that might fit this baby.

I tried this litttle dress and hat.
I think it is adorable on her.

This dress was also made from this pattern.

SO,

Back to the earlier dress...

I finished the adjustments and tried it on.
I'm very happy with this dress!

Very cute if I do say so myself.

Here are both girls in their homemade dresses.


OH WAIT!!


Guess what I did?


Go ahead guess.


OK, here is what I did....



I GOT  A NEW DOLL!!
I saw this Little Miss Revlon
on eBay and I just knew she
was supposed to be part of our
doll family.

She is on her way here as I type this.

I also happened upon this purple stripe
dress.  Isn't it perfect for her?

I am very excited and can't wait to
get to work on my new doll and dress!

9 comments:

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Prairie Pines Sewing Room,
I am very happy with how this little dress came out.. I am also so happy with my 2 new dolls. I will do a makeover on my new Little Miss Revlon for next week!
Hugs
Brenda

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
you have had a busy week! You always have such lovely finds. The little dress you made is very pretty and suits Ana. Your new baby looks so pretty in all her lovely outfits and I cannot wait to meet your new Miss Revlon.
Anna

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Anna,
I have had a lot of fun this week. I am happy with how Ana’s dress came out, so pleased with my new baby doll AND especially excited to get my new Little Miss Revlon! It’s so fun getting a new doll.
Hugs
Brenda

Maryn said...

The revised dress is adorable!

Don't believe I've ever seen the bias lace (obviously I don't do enough sewing...) Where do I find something like that?

Bitty's pink dress is sweet on her (the blue gingham is, too!).

Looking forward to your new Little Miss Revlon's makeover and seeing her in te purple striped dress!

Jenny said...

Hi, Brenda!
Lovely work as always! How neat to get two dolls who can wear the dresses you made from that Patsy pattern.
I have seen the purple stripe dress; it was made for Eegee's Annette, a Lilli clone (Barbie size). You may need to make some alterations for it to fit you new brunette LMR (I saw her on eBay!)

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Maryn,
You know the lace is straight sided and I always use it like bias tape. It may not be its actual intended use.
I admit I am pleased with all the dresses and excited to get my LMR!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Jenny,
I hope the stripe dress can be refit to my LMR. When shopping for vIntage dresses I find I am limited to the measurements listed on the ad and it seemed close. We will see what I can do with it! Hehe
I have been interested in a brunette LMR and this little lady just seemed right. I’m looking forward to her arrival!
Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

Wow, Brenda ! You know that finding a good LMR that is brunette is a treasure . I don't know why the brunette are the rarest, seems to me that there are ore brunette won=men than blond and red combined, but not so for dolls.
I love the brunette LMRs they always look so dramatic - whether in dressy clothes or daytime looks.

i 'm sure you'll makeher happy to be ther!

I love what you did for Ana's new dress that is such a good idea to bind the neck with the lace - and also to narrow the width it suits her perfectly!

It looks like you had a good week - I hope that it continues!

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Janet,
I’m really happy this little dress worked for Ana. I like to finish projects if I can. The dress was for a chubbier doll, but it worked great.
I’m so excited about my new LMR! I have been thinking about adding a brunette for awhile now and this doll just really struck me.
I am having a good week! I hope you are as well.
Hugs
Brenda