My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Thursday, September 30, 2021

My Favorite Things

 Awhile back, one of my readers asked that I 
show more details of items in my Doll Room.
I have SO many little things that make up my
Doll Room decor and these items are
My Favorite Things.

I will start in my doll kitchen.
The kitchen used to be all pink and white.  

I built the stove with some help from my husband.

This is how our doll kitchen first looked.
It was a hodge-podge of American Girl size items.

Then I saw this image of a 1930s kitchen.
So I repainted and restyled everything.

I found this cabinet in a thrift store and began
slowly adding lots of doll kitchen items.

I made the eggs in my egg basket and
I used this little Delft pinch bowl to hold
my apples.

Another little kitchen item I love
is this crock and doll cookng utensils.

I also have a collection of vintage and antique doll plates.

These are my Colonial Williamsburg tea cups made for
the Pleasant Co. Felicity Doll (early American Girl).

Another thing I love are miniature tea sets!
I just found this one in a thrift store.

This tea set my grandmother painted.

And this tea set I found online.
also notice the little hankies I 
use for doll linens. 

I also love little bowl and pitcher sets
AND
pretty miniature mirrors.

Here is another bowl and pitcher set
in front of a pretty etched mirror.

Here is a close-up of the wall decor.
These are images of 1940s wall
hangings for a child's room.
(I printed them, pasted to cardboard
and cut them out)

I also have a collection of
miniature books.

Books take me back to my childhood of
reading quietly to myself, escaping
into worlds of make-believe.

These are all my American Girl Doll books.
All these books are 4" or less, most are 2".

On the antique rattan doll dresser are several
cute things, but my favorite is...

This  3" enameled tray
It's a cricket on a fallen leaf.

And on Cissy's dressing table...

This enameled tray. It is just 2" across.
I also love this birdhouse pillbox.

Another favorite in the big dollhouse
is this wooden sewing machine
I made with my husbands help.

This is my 1940s Georgene Raggedy Ann.
She sits in her rocking chair and 

reads to all the dolls from this pop-up book.

I love my miniature 2" Raggedy Anns.
Who am I kidding?

I adore this entire doll house!

And this one....

AND THIS ONE!!!!
OK, here is the link to go back and see 
the whole doll room.

As you can see I am a hopeless
collector of all the doll-sized
things I can find.
WHEW!

I hope you enjoyed some of my Favorite Things.

15 comments:

Maryn said...

I jusst love all of your doll rooms and accessories!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Maryn,
I do enjoy all my little doll accessories.
Hugs
Brenda

Loretta said...

Your lovely and exquisite photos cheer me so much.
Thank you!

Janet said...

Hi Brenda,

All the little things really do add so much to the scenes you create. Thank you for showing them to us in detail. I don't have a favorite, but do enjoy the dishes and tea sets - I have a few too. I love anything that my dolls can use as tableware.


But, Id love to know how you made those eggs.

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

You are SO welcome Loretta,
Thank you for stopping by and sharing my doll favorites.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Janet,
The eggs were SO simple. You can get modeling clay at any craft store. You just shape and bake in your oven.
I have made lots of doll foods with modeling clay.
Hugs
Brenda

Jenny said...

Wonderful! And it is so nice that your husband supports you and assists with your scene building! I love how you repainted the kitchen, too.
Hugs, Jenny :-)

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing your tour. The books and the doll house are my favorites. Everything is so enchanting. Thank You for sharing.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Brenda everything is so neat and orderly. The tea sets and the bboks are my favorite. Thank You for the tour.
Marion

Anonymous said...

What can I say Brenda? You never fail to amaze me with your posts. The dollhouse is a beauty. I love the way you have everything so perfect and neat. You are such a talented lady. Thank you for sharing the doll house.
Marilyn

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Jenny,
Yes, my husband is awesome and supports my hobby whenever I ask him. I love the doll kitchen. It is my favorite room in the doll house.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Joan,
I love sharing all my doll fun. It is like virtual play time with all my friends!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marion,
I do love tea sets and books. What is better than a good book and some tea and snacks? I love miniatures of all kinds, but my books are some of my favorites.
Hug
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marilyn,
I am so pleased you like all my doll house details. I enjoy my doll house so much, maybe because I can keep it neat and tidy and it’s not so easy with 2 teens. Haha!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Linda,
I do really like my books too. They are So cute! I admit I do like my doll kitchen best. There are just so many adorable miniatures out there!
Hugs
Brenda