My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Breast Cancer Awareness Month


We at the Savage Pea want to remember those who 
have fought Breast Cancer.

We decided a PINK fashion show would be fun.
So Enjoy!


Marylou is wearing a pink crushed velvet
dress and flower bandeau.


Charlotte and Joan are wearing matching
pink playsuits.

Charlotte and...

Joan.

Ann is wearing a pink dress
and white pinafore.

Very pretty Ann.

Joan is wearing one of my favorite
dresses by Effanbee.

I love the embroidered accents.

Mrs. Pumphrey is wearing a pink floral
gown that I made for her.

I also created her matching bonnet.

 Alyse and Nina are displaying their
contrasting styles.

Dressy and Casual.

Sophie and Betsy, new and vintage
 McCall dolls. Sophie is wearing an 
adorable crocheted dress.
Betsy is wearing a vintage 
makeover dress.

Sophie wanted a special photo of
her baby doll.  This tiny baby 
came with Sophie's dress set.

Two Patsyettes in pink.

Helena in a homemade dress with lace collar.

Lillibet in her pink jammies.

Julie is modeling a homemade dress
in a 70s style.

Grace and Emma are both wearing pink floral.
These two started our whole doll adventure!

Molly is wearing her favorite lace party dress.

Looking very elegant, Cissy is shining
in pink and rhinstones.

Always lovely...

Very pretty, Cissy.

We hope you have enjoyed our
Fashion Show






In Memoriam
Gwendolyn Verabelle Savage
and
Elizabeth Savage Spears

 

10 comments:

Barb M. said...

All of your girls are just beautiful--you have such a touch with pink! I'm just getting caught up on your posts after a very busy summer. Thank you for the thought too--I'm a 12 year survivor of Triple Negative Breast Cancer. Thought I commented some time ago with an ID--I'm SO not a techie!

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Barb,
I’m so glad you’re back! I’m glad you enjoyed my post. Congratulations on 12 years. Here’s a big hug for you!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Maryn,
Sadly, I believe too many of us have been touched by cancer. My husband lost his mom and oldest sister, but my mom , my Aunt and his middle sister are survivors!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Sandra,
I am so grateful you are a survivor! I have several survivors that are close to me, most recently my mom! I do get great enjoyment from my dolls. I like to show all the variety of dolls and their fashions. I’m glad you enjoyed it.
Hugs
Brenda

Jenny said...

They are all gorgeous in pink, Brenda!
My dear friend Annie is a breast cancer survivor.
Hugs,
Jenny :-)

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Jenny,
Thank you. This post has really brought home to me how many of us have been touched by cancer.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Maryn,
I somehow accidentally deleted your comment! I am SO sorry! Sometimes tech gets the best of me! ARGH!
Hugs
Brenda

Doreen, Arkansas said...

Brenda, What a beautiful way to showcase your collection of dolls and their clothing. I loved the setting, backdrop and each doll's outfit. You do such a lovely job of restoring the old and creating something wonderful for each size dolly.
Was happy to see your American Girls. Julie's dress was great. I love her 70's styling and have fun designing outfits along that vein for my Julie doll.
Hugs and blessings to your family on the loss of two women and the survivorship of three. Cancer in all forms has touched many of our lives.
thank you for a meaningful post, Doreen

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Doreen,
Thank you so much for all your kind words. I enjoy creating backdrops and dressing everyone up. This was very meaningful to me. Cancer has touched so many lives and I think it helps to share the sadness and the gratitude for those who have survived.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Linda,
The research is making headway. Treatment is better and more effective than in years past. We have to keep hoping and praying that eventually it will be cured.
I’m glad you enjoyed the fashion parade.
Hugs
Brenda