My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Saturday, October 23, 2021

Little Miss Revlon Prizes!

I am a member of an online doll club
for Little Miss Revlon dolls and their friends
For more information click here: 

Our members have events periodically 
and a name is drawn for a prize
AND MY NAME GOT PICKED!

This prize came from taking part in the 

I got this beautiful hat and handbag made by my
friend Janet P. who started this fun group.

BUT
My doll needed a dress to go with her new
accessories. So, I started thinking...

I thought an elegant satin gown like
these would be very pretty.

I had this scrap of pink satin, hmm...

I hemmed two sides and started
wrapping and pinning.

When I got it all to look how I wanted I 
hand stitched everything in place.

I added some tulle and a snap in the back.
But now all 3 girls want a dress!

This first pink dress was most
becoming on Amanda.

Very pretty Amanda

Next I used a scrap of lavender
satin and made this gown for
Lauren. 

This hat and handbag are a previous prize
also made by Janet!
So pretty!

Last, I went to the fabric store and
found a salmon satin to go with
my new accessories.

Ready to see my prize hat and handbag
with a new gown?


HERE


THEY


ARE!!





This gown can be worn with the tulle
under the arm or over the shoulder.

I think I like it best over the shoulder.

Here is a photo of the lavender dress back
before I added the tulle.

Very pretty ladies!

And a special 
THANK YOU
to Janet P.
for a lovely prize!

After a hard day modeling it's time for a treat.


 Bonus Milkshake DIY!!

Janet also sent me these little drink cups
along with the hat and handbag.

Using craft paint I painted the inside of
each cup in pink, choclate brown
and vanilla colors.

While the cups dried, I cut a 3/4" piece of
straw.  This piece I cut in thirds.  Then I rolled these
between my fingers until they got skinny.

Lastly, using household caulk fill the cups up to look
like whipped cream and stick a straw in.
Not perfect, but I like them!

The shaved chocolate bits are dried paint I scraped
off my pallet and sprinkled on the still sticky caulk.

ENJOY!!

10 comments:

Karen said...

Gorgeous!!!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Karen,
I had fun with this post.
Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Brenda the dresses are gorgeous. Who wouldn't like one for themselves. Great job.
Marilyn

Jenny said...

Love these, Brenda! And what a fun little craft project in the milkshakes!
Jenny :-)

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marilyn,
I would love a dress like this myself, but that would take a LOT of extra yardage. I am quite pleased with how the dresses came out.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Jenny,
I am happy with how all these projects came out. A hint for plastic doll cups, save the tops of sample size spray bottles.
Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

The dresses are beautiful. The girls are all ready to have a wonderful time. Nice job Brenda
Marion

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marion,
I really had fun with these gowns. The girls love them too.
They are ready for a ball.
Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

I just knew your imagination would find something fun to do with those liittle cups. Yummy lookinng milk shakes!
I love the salmon color gown with the newest hat sat - it's the perfect color All the gowns are beautiful -
Im so glad you were inspired.

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you SO much Janet,
You are so inspiring to me. I love the hat set. I took the little handbag to the fabric store and held it up against all the satins in pinks, rose and salmon.
The little milk shakes popped into my head because I had made larger versions for our American Girls! The milkshakes came out so cute.
I’m happy you like all I did.
Hugs
Brenda