My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Monday, October 04, 2021

Our FIRST DOLL SHOW!!

 

Cissy! Were's MOM?!?
Today is the Doll Show!

Doll Show?  Who said doll show?
CISSY! WE want to go!!

Please stop shouting. Mom said only 3 of you can go.
Write your names on a paper 
and I'll draw 3 names.

Joan...Ana....and...Charlotte!
YAY!!

Let me help you Charlotte.
Am I ready?
Yes, Ana you're fine.

Mom said this rolling bag will be our chariot.
Help me in!

Oof! Ouch! You are on my foot!
Mom, we need a blanket!
Mom: You have to get buckled in the car first!
The show is an hour drive away.

Whew! That went better than I anticipated.
You deserve a break Cissy.
Me too!
Betsy, you didn't do anything!
I know, I just want cake.

I really wanted to go!
Don't be sad, let's go skate!
OK, that sounds fun.

Mom! They're touching me!
Sigh, We haven't even left yet!

See? We have to drive to Escondido.
We'll take the 50 minute route.

We stopped at a scenic overlook just outside San Clemente.
Traffic was awful, so mom took an alternate route.

The new route went right past Mission San Luis Rey.
So beautiful, let's stop next time.

FINALLY WE MADE IT!

WOW! Lovely! So much to look at!

Mom, we can't see!

Oh I love vintage bears!

I'm sleepy...

Look!  A Shirley Temple and a Patsy baby!

A nice lady: "What adorable dolls!"
Mom: "Oh thank you!"
(Did you hear that? We're adorable!)

So much to see!  So much fun!

I got some new dresses!!
Yeah Ana we know.
We're tired, can we go now?

We found 2 new dresses for Ana
and a playsuit for the Patsyette dolls.

Can't help but love this!

This dress is a little big, but
still cute.

This dress was a perfect fit!

Brenda's thoughts:
The doll show was all I could hope.
I made contact with a doll club near me.
I have to admit I was so excited and there was so 
much to see that I couldn't keep myself
focused.  For instance, I would have taken that
Patsy baby home!  I didn't really see her until 
I looked at the photos at home!
SIGH, ah well.

Overall we had a GREAT day and I can't wait
for the next doll show!

17 comments:

Maryn said...

What a fun day! Thanks for sharing with us!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Maryn,
It was a fun day. I have more doll shows in the near future so I’m looking forward to that.
Hugs
Brenda

Anna said...

You lucky things going, to a doll show. We are in lockdown at the moment and stuck at home.
I love the outfits you got. You did well not to buy more!
Anna

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Anna,
I really had fun. It was a day to myself enjoying dolls and doll collecting. I was surprised at myself for not buying more. I think I was like a kid who is given too many choices! I hope you get out of lockdown soon!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Linda,
I did have so much fun. I can’t wait for the next doll show. I am happy with the dresses and romper I found. I hope things get back to normal for you soon!
Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda,What a treat you have given us,your readers. The doll show is a delight. Glad you had a nice time.
Marilyn

Jenny said...

Brenda, I am happy we are having shows again here in western WA, too.
I went to one in Vancouver, in June and again last month. In between, there was one in Lynnwood. Then, down to Portland last Saturday, and this Saturday I'm driving over 3 hours down to Rickreall, which is about 10 miles outside Salem, OR. My friend came to the June show with me, so the drive wasn't so bad as I had pleasant company. Oh, well, I get to see lots of my doll friends!!
Jenny :-)

Anonymous said...

Brenda what fun was had by all. The girls seemed to like it even though they
got tired. It was a lovely show. Thank you for sharing.
Joan

Anonymous said...

How lovely a doll show. What a nice variety of dolls to see. The Patsy baby is cute,maybe you will come across another time and she will become your new baby. Happy that you all had a good time.
Marion

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marilyn,
I was so excited. I had never been to a doll show! I had just started looking into attending a show when Covid hit. I did have such a nice time.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Me too Jenny!
I feel like I’ve been waiting so long for this. Luckily this show was only an hour away. This Sunday there is another show in Fullerton, about 40 minutes. I can’t wait! There are more shows in November and December, so depending on how far off I’ll try to make those too.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Joan,
It was a lovely show. I was like a kid in a candy shop! Everyone had a great time, but I did get tired from walking around. Cant wait for the next one!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marion,
It was a lovely doll show. I had so much fun. I cant wait for the next one. I am kinda hoping to find another Patsy Baby.
Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

I remeber my first doll show, I prepared for weeks, writing down sizes of my dolls in a liittle notebook, and i traced around my Mary Hoyer doll, to make a utilitairian paper doll. I folded her up and into my notebook she went. It worked so well tfor trying hats - and I also bought a very pretty petticoat -

I also traced around many doll feet to figure out shoe sizes. I only came home with one pair though!

I was so charged up by the show, I could hardly wait for the next.

since then, I have tried to attend at least one doll show a year, even if i don't need anything, I can always find something I like.


You came home with some lovely items - Ana's dresses are great, and so is the Patsy romper.

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Janet,
I am already planning for my next doll show this weekend. I need to go back and look at the description, but I think it was for Barbie dolls. I will go regardless. Many Barbie items will work for Little Miss Revlon. You have such great ideas! Making a tracing so more doll info is easier to carry along.
Hugs
Brenda

Angela said...

Aren't doll shows just the best? Our area just started having them again, and it was about time! So many people attended...I think all of us dolly collectors have been feeling very deprived and turned out in droves! Buying dolls online is fine, but it's so much more enjoyable in person, when you can see and touch and make new friendships with fellow collectors!

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Angela,
I had SO much fun at the doll show. This was my first doll show ever! I was supposed to go to another show this past Sunday, but I never made it. I was a little disappointed, but I know more will come along.
Hugs
Brenda