My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Thursday, July 20, 2023

Happy Doll Mail

 This has been a great week for doll mail.
Getting Doll items in the mail is always fun, but
I seemed to get a shower of doll items, 
all in one week.

A lovely lady,  Anita C. contacted me
through this blog.  She had found a Miss
Revlon dress at an estate sale.

Apparently, Someone had taken an original 
dress apart to make a pattern!

She thought it might be genuine, so she
searched the web for someone who might put
the dress back together.

Anita found this blog and saw that I both, sewed
and had Miss Revlon dolls. She contacted me and asked 
if I would be interested in having this dress?
BOY! Would I! 

The next thing that arrived in the mail were 
all these misc. doll items that I had
found for a great price online.

What I was most interested in were these doll hats.
These were naturally things I was expecting, 
but then another package had arrived the same day....
A real surprise package!

My friend, Susan J. had looked through her
doll storage and found a Dawn Doll box
and some clothes and a pair of shoes
and some other items.

Wow!  I was so excited!
But wait, that's not all!

Also inside the same box were these little baby
doll items Susan had sent for my Tiny Tears.
She also sent a page of sweet pictures of
her and her sister getting their Tiny Tears
for Christmas, as girls - so sweet.

All these items were enough to fill
my Doll Cup to full, but the very next day
one more package arrived.

This long sought after "Town & Country" set
for 8" Betsy McCall arrived.

I have been hunting for this set, off and on, for some time.
I loved it so much, but it was so hard to find,

That I made this similar outfit for my
modern Betsy.

Here are both outfits, side by side.

Melanie and Sophie are so happy
to have matching outfits.

I am tickled pink with all my Happy Doll Mail.

I will be showing the restoration of this 
Miss Revlon  dress in a later post!

Thank you Susan and Anita for
the lovely doll packages!
They really made my whole week special!

16 comments:

Dorothy in PA said...

Dear Brenda, it is so wonderful to get packages in the mail! I am smiling with you at all of the wonderful goodies you found tucked inside the boxes.

Melanie and Sophie look adorable in their outfits.

I am looking forward to seeing how you put together the vintage dress.

The Attic Couturier said...

So fun to see this post 🥰 I can absolutely vicariously enjoy your jackpot week of doll mail... just like 'Christmas in July'! (And let me say, I am totally honored to appear in your blog.😌

Susan J. in IL

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Dorothy,
I'm so glad you enjoyed seeing my doll surprises! I certainly had fun opening them up and looking through everything. I am so pleased with the Town & Country outfit for Melanie. I have wanted it for a long time. The vintage Revlon dress is sitting on my sewing machine waiting patiently for me to get busy and sew it up.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Susan!
I am so glad you enjoyed seing this post. You had a LOT to do with it! Thank you so much for the doll items and sharing some of your family photos. It was like Christmas in July!
Hugs
Brenda

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
I loved seeing all your mail. It's always fun getting mail, especially when you are not expecting it!
I cannot wait to see the Miss Revlon dress made up and your own versions from the pattern.
It's very hard to pick a favourite parcel from that lot. It all looks so exciting.
Have fun
Anna

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda;
Congratulations on all the doll mail. It is so exciting to receive good mail . Seeing the Tiny tears doll brought my twin Marilyn and I to the Christmas we received a tiny tears doll. The dolls were cherished and played ,washed over and over.
Have a good week.
Marion

Anonymous said...

Brenda I too had a Tiny tears doll. That doll was so loved. She was my constant companion. Betsy McCall is also special to me.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda, What a nice surprise in the mail. I loved my Tiny Tears doll. I wish I still had her. Those clothes you received are beautiful/ The dolls look so fashionable in their matching outfits. Thank You for sharing/
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

So much fun! Thank you for sharing your new treasures.

Jennifer ❤

Zacisze Lenki said...

You have gained great things. The dolls look like sisters, they are beautifully dressed. Hugs.

Brenda Savage said...

HI Anna,
Thank you! I had fun opening all my packages. I am still trying to find time to work on the Miss Revlon dress. I want to work on her hair at the same time.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Marion,
Oh I love hearing about Christmas dolls from your childhood! This Tiny Tears has made so many people remember their Tiny Tears from childhood! She must have been a very popular doll in her day!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Joan,
I love hearing memories of childhood dolls. That is really what motivates our doll collecting, don't you agree? Those sweet Christmas morning memories are the best. The 1950s era doll's are definitely a favorite!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Marilyn,
So many ladies have been telling me about their Tiny Tears doll since I posted this! Those dolls from our childhood always hold a special place in our heart, don't they? I have enjoyed finding her and making her pretty again!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Jennifer!
I am so glad you enjoyed my latest doll save. She is really sweet! SO many ladies got her for Christmas in the 1950s it seems.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Zacisze,
Thank you! I am so happy with all my goodies. It is so fun opening packages, especially when they are for the dolls!
Hugs
Brenda