My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Thursday, November 23, 2023

A Friend Indeed!

HAPPY THANKSIVING!!

As you all may already know, I love to go thrifting.
I share my love of thrifting with my bestie, Joanne.
We don't live close together, but when we 
see each other it is ALL THRIFTING.

When we are apart we still look for each other's
favorite things.  I look for Fiesta Wear and Daisy and Dot stoneware
for Joanne and she looks for vintage dolls for me.

Recently Joanne sent me a text with this photo:


"Interested?"

I wrote back immediately:

 "American Girl Kit Kitteridge!! Yes!
Are there any more AG clothes?!?"

When Joanne got back to her house, she sent me this photo.
Kit only had her top sweater and these misc. clothes.

This photo shows Kit in her meet outfit.
I knew I wanted to get her missing pieces
so I went online shopping.


I found a replacement meet outfit.

Then I saw this!
All her accessories!  It's not shown, but I also got 
her little green hair barret!

These are all the clothes Joanne found with Kit, 
plus an extra hat I already had.

Here is my Kit in her new meet outfit!

Want to see how Kit is fitting in at the Doll House?

Here's the latest!

Cissy: "Martin! What have I asked you about 
leaving your tools on my table?!?"

 Emma: "Sorry Cissy we're going to help mom work
on her new Powder Room."
Kit: "Wow, on the table..."

Cissy: "There you are Martin! I need to start our turkey!"
Martin: "Sorry Cissy, I'll get all this out of your way."

Martin: "Hi MaryLou, can you help me move this tool box?"
MaryLou: "Sure Martin. Sorry Cissy!"

Girls: "Hey! We want to help too!"
Martin: "Maybe when your bigger."

Molly: "What in the world is going on in here?"
Kit: "That is what I am wondering."
MaryLou: *giggling*
Girls: "OH! Is there cake?? Yum."

Kit: "Is it always like this around here Emma?"
Emma "Well, yes, it usually is."
Kit: "I think I like it here."
Emma: "I'm glad."

My Powder Room - For Real!

My blog posts have been hit and miss lately, because
my DH is actually building me a powder room
in the sewing/doll room!

Remember this storage area from the
Doll Room Tour?

It is slowly becoming a little powder room!

We're getting down to the final install of
plumbing and tile.

This is what my sewing and creative space
has looked like for a couple months now!!

And this!
Oh and everything is covered in dust!!!

I know it will be wonderful when it's done
Stay tuned for the finished room in the near future.

AND, thank you Joanne for finding Kit!!
You are a friend indeed!

AND...

Welcome Kit to the Savage Dollhouse.
L-R: Emma, Martin, Molly, Kit, Julie and Grace.

10 comments:

Maryn said...

Awesome! And I love the Thanksgiving preparations!

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Maryn,
Thank you! As you can see from this post, Cissy and I are both distracted with too many tools lying about!
Hugs
Brenda

Anna said...

Hi Brenda, as always I love your post. I am waiting on a Kit doll too! I am hoping she arrives this week. I am getting the Beforever version in the green dress.
I am glad your Kit has settled in so well. I love her cardigan with the fabric collar. Did you make it?
Hope your renovations are done soon.
Anna

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Anna,
Thank you! This was a very fun post. Getting a new doll is always fun, right?
THe cardigan with the fabric collar came in a bunch of vintage doll clothes I found online. I think it was made in the 80s, but it definitely has a vintage feel.
I think our reno is quicly coming to the finish! I just did some touch-up painting and my DH put in the floors today! So hopefully you'll see the finished room very soon.
Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on now having Kit in your family. She is a favorite of us too.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Brenda Kit looks very nice with her original clothes, She is precious.
Joan
.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Brenda's family Kit. The other members of he family seem nery happy to have you join them.
Marion

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Marilyn,
Thank you! I am very happy to finally have Kit added to my doll family.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Joan,
Thank you! I have always loved Kit's outfits. I think I just like this era around he 1930s.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Marion,
Thank you very much. I am very happy to be in my new family. I am settling in nicely and enjoy all my new sisters and brother.
Hugs
Kit