My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Saturday, November 04, 2023

Betsy McCall room is finished!

In my previous post I had reached this point.

I had constructed 2 chairs and bunkbeds.

I found two little dressers to be painted.

My next step was to glue craft paper to create wallpaper. 
I used this tacky glue since the inside of this box 
is plasticized.

After the striped paper was in, I added this 
"Love is the Flower of Life" border.
You will notice a break in the paper.
This is to allow for the sides to open and close.

I use my photo editing program to create
framed artwork for the girl's room.
I print it on photo paper and cut it out.

Next I painted the 2 dressers and crocheted a rug.

I made this little bottle into a lamp.
Then I gathered some small items to add
to the girl's decor.

SO,

HERE

IS

THE 

FINISHED

ROOM!!





Here is the new doll case next to the old case.

The girls are very happy!

"YAY! Our NEW room is finally done!"

Good night everyone.

6 comments:

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
The new room looks so much more spacious for them both. I love the green of the dressers with the pink. I so wish I could crochet, I always love the work you do.
The only problem now is you'll need to find someone to move into the old case!
Anna

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Anna,
Thank you! The girls are very happy with their new room. There are lots of great tutorials for crochet online. I think it's easier than knitting. You should not try to lure me into getting a new doll Anna! Hehehe
Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Brenda the room is so inviting I would love to live in it. Great job. The girls must be ecstatic to have such a lovely room.
Marion

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Marion,
Thank you! I had fun making this room for the girls. They are happy to both have a place to sleep. That is one of my doll collecting rules, "everyone must have a place to sleep." I am happy with how this room came out.
HUgs
Brenda

Maryn said...

You have such a vision and always create the cutest rooms!

Brenda Savage said...

HI Maryn,
THank you! I had fun coming up with this idea. It took me awhile to figure out how I wanted to create the girls beds. I think it worked out great.
Hugs
Brenda