My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Christmas Doll Room Tour 2023


Welcome to my newly RE-arranged Doll, 
sewing and guest space!
Click here to see:

Here we go up the stairs.
Click on the photos to see up close!

As you get to the top and look right you can 
see my new guest sleeping area where my
sewing area used to be.
(This is also our gift wrapping station)

Here is a closer look at my Tiny Tears, Lara, and my
 two Madame Alexander dolls, Bonnie and Bella.

At the end of the bed is my dresser full of doll clothes.

A close-up of my hat pin doll.

As you keep turning right you can see
the new powder room!

I love my new powder room!
My DH built this whole room!

We laid the tile together.

Looking left at the top of the stairs is my new sewing area
and my Little Miss Revlon town house.

A close-up of the Townhouse interior.

Behind the Townhouse cabinet is the 
newly rearranged doll room.
(the guest bed used to be here!)

My fabric cabinet is now behind the Townhouse.

On top of the fabric cabinet are my Betsy's
new room and my chinahead dolls.

In the center of the room is the doll's 
Christmas Tree and a little skating rink.

Lovely Cissy ready for Christmas!

OOPS!  Are you OK?

Cissy I fell down!

You've just got to get back on the ice!

To the left is the big dollhouse.

All the girls in the dollhouse decided to wear
pajamas all day.
(L-R: Kit, Molly, Emma, Willa and Julie)

We may wear our PJs until Christmas!!
(L-R: Julie, Grace and Martin)

(girls)

Cissy and Marylou's Room.

Molly's Room.

Emma's Room.

Julie and Grace's Room.

To the right of the big dollhouse is my 
Liddle Kiddle dolls and case room.

Behind the Christmas tree is the Patsyette's dollhouse.

On top are my two babies.  China baby Ellen and
Patsy Baby Janie.

Here is a close-up of the Patsyette's doll house,
Helena and Lillibet.

Continuing to the right is my Raggedy's corner.

Next to the Raggedy's are my 
sock animals and plushies.

And finally my Composition doll room in the corner.

We hope you've enjoyed seeing our 
new rearranged doll room.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
and 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

18 comments:

Zacisze Lenki said...

Beautiful for you and your girls. Wonderful guest room. Merry Christmas and happiness in the new year.

Brenda Savage said...

HI Zacisze,
Thank you! I am very happy with the changes. The dolls are happy too.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well.
Hugs
Brenda

Maryn said...

What a lovely Christmas treat! I just love your doll houses and doll rooms, and of course your beautiful dolls. The snowflakes add a great holiday winter effect. Thank you for sharing with us!

Your new powder room is gorgeous! Your DH is very talented.

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Maryn,
Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed seeing the rearranged doll room. I like to play with my photo editing program, as you can tell. I love that snowflake effect too.
I LOVE my new powder room, it is so nice. MY husband is a dear for sure!
Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Brenda your children must think they are in a fairy tale world. All of the girls look so pretty in their holiday clothes. The rooms are so Christmas
like. It says joy,happiness and love.
Brenda wishing you and yours a Merry,Happy and Healthy Christmas and New Year
Marion

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda, What a delight the room is. The color pink is outstanding. The outfits on the dolls are fabulous. Love the skating scenes. You are so talented and creative. Wishing you and yours a Blessed and Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy 2024.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Brenda, you have done such a wonderful job with the room and the dolls. Did you make all of the outfits for the skating scenes? The room is so festive for Christmas. Thank You for sharing. Have a Blessed and Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
Joan

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Marion,
Thank you! I was hoping the room would be liked by everyone. I am happy and the dolls are happy.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Marilyn,
Thank you! I am pleased you enjoyed the new room arrangement. I am very happy with it as well.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year!
Hugs
Brneda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Joan,
Thank you!
I made the skating outfits, but not the other dresses being worn by Cissy and Miss Revlon. The 2 Ice Skating outfits are crocheted. I enjoy creating these festive scenes. I'm glad you like them too.
Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year!
Hugs
Brenda

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
The new room arrangement looks wonderful.
Your husband has done an amazing job on the powder room.
All the dolls look so happy.
I love the Christmas skating scene. I really did not think your doll room could get any better, but I think the new layout works so well.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.
Anna

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Anna,
Thank you! I am very pleased with the new layout. I Love it so much. I told my husband I may not come downstairs! Haha
The skating rink is piece of plexi-glass on white fabric with batting piled around it. I love it. I have used it for a couple other posts for Christmas in the past.
Merry Christmas and the happiest of New Years to youa dn your family.
Hugs
Brenda

Ruth for Hazel Twigg said...

Oh my goodness, what a wonderful place! Your room - AND your blog. I was lead here by a job you did on an Effanbee Honey with fingernail painted lips, nails and toes. While I am more into composition dolls, I still learned several handy tips, so THANK YOU!

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Ruth,
Thank you! This is truly a full-circle moment. I learned from YOUR videos a lot about cleaning and restoring composition dolls! I have done a few composition doll restorations, but overall they are too labor intensive for me. My beloved Patsy Joan was cleaned using your method of wood filler and a cloth. She looks beautiful now! If you search my blog for "A NEW Patsy Joan" you can see her before and after. I do love restoring the vintage 1950s dolls. They are so much easier to work on, meaning less fragile! I have done alot of full face repaints that I love going back and looking at.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
Big Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Love your beautiful space. A space to create and collect the things that you love. How fortunate you are to have a husband that supports and helps you to fulfill your dreams. I love reading your blog because it always brightens my day to see what you are able to create. Happy New Year.

LittleGinnyFaith said...

Your dolls are really spoiled! They have a great set up. You're spoiled too! Can your husband stop by and put in an extra bathroom for me? Did he put in all the plumbing too? That's so nice. My poor dolls have been neglected due to the move, but I'm working on setting up my new doll room. Actually, I've been working on it for months...on and off. I finally have my dolls and their stuff unpacked. Now I just have to finish getting it all organized. Maybe you can come over and help while your husband installs the bathroom? :) Betty

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Anonymous,
Happy New Year! I am so pleased you enjoy my blog and my space. I am very grateful to have my own doll space in our attic. I love spending time up here, creating and sewing, etc. It is really my place to go to unwind and decompress.
Hugs
Brenda
PS - please come and tell me your name so I know who you are!

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Betty!
So nice to hear from you! I am very spoiled, but in the best sense. (Heehee) I would love to come play dolls at your house! That is another reason for this blog. We can kind of play dolls, but online. I am a bit OCD when it comes to my dolls. I might drive you crazy if you let me loose with a bunch of your dolls needing to be organized, set up and photographed! HAHA! WE would have so much fun though! My husband and his brother did the plumbing and structural workin my half-bath. He built my vanity and installed everything else! He is a wonderful husband who can do anything!! I am so fortunate!
Hugs
Brenda