Because of the magic of photo editing, my
last refresh of Cissy's cheeks went unnoticed.
As you can see, the color is a bit splotchy.
And it's not a good color. This is the
acrylic paint and make-up sponge
method of coloring cheeks.
I found another way that seems to be lighter
and more translucent. It is using watercolor
pencils and a watercolor brush.
I'm giving it a try right now.
First I cleaned off the old cheek color with
my magic eraser.
(Ooops got some of her eyebrow)
I picked two red shades from my watercolor pencils.
(My Cissy has always been kind of yellow.)
I chose the darker red watercolor pencil.
I wet the brush and swiped it over the pencil.
I brushed the color onto her cheeks
and wiped it off again!
I tried again, but this time...
I smoothed the color with a tissue.
Next, I dried the brush a bit first and a
nice translucent color was created!
I like this because it is less messy and
the color is lighter. I'm sure the color
could be darkened with more layers.
BUT what about her eyebrow?
I went back to my pencils and picked this
brown color. This time I wet the pencil
and...
drew directly onto her brow with the pencil.
Not too bad. I may need more practice, but
this is certainly simpler.
OK, now I am going crazy
I wanted to give this pencil thing a real try.
I wiped off almost ALL Cissy's eyebrow paint!
This time I sharpened my pencils.
Not feeling like there's much improvement.
It's not too bad if I don't do any
extreme close-ups. It's certainly
easier to handle than acrylic
paint on a tiny brush.
What do you think?
















No comments:
Post a Comment