My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Thursday, October 08, 2020

Feathers, Pins and Crinolines

 So, a couple weeks ago a bird got in our house.

It was such a nice day, we had all the sliders open to let the

fresh air inside. Well, our little bird friend came inside for a bit

then he went on his way, but he left behind a

tiny gift.

These two tiny feathers.
(This is a 1 inch square!)
Well! I am not one to ignore a gift like this.

The timing could not have been better.

I had been working on some Fall hats,
some of them quite small and needing just such
a little accent.

Here are the little feathers making quite a statement.

Next I wanted to make a removable
hat decoration.  
I use this black hat with different
outfits and I wanted to be able
to change its look without gluing.

I have a black button with a gem,
some feathers and a pin and clasp.

I cut off the button loop.
Glue feathers and button to the pin...

AND, here it is on the hat.

Here are some other pins I have made.
I am always on the lookout for vintage earrings
and bracelets. 

Vintage earrings make great pins for Cissy 
and Miss Revlon. The bracelets
are the right length for a necklace.

Now about those crinolines.
I was out thrifting and I found this Tutu.
It is a small tutu for a little girl.
What I saw at once was it would make two 
crinolines for an 18" or 20" Fashion doll.
So what did I do?

cut it in half of course! Just like this.

When I turned it inside out this is what I found.
Lucky for me the elastic was sewn in.
I planned on having to reinsert it, but
found it was not necessary.

I zig-zagged the rough edges together.
Easy-peasy!

How pretty is that!?!
Emily looks like a ballerina!

But what is all this for?
Check back next week!!



8 comments:

Zacisze Lenki said...

You took care of the dolls beautifully. I wish you health. Hugs

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Zacisze,

I have fun playing dolls. I really spend too much time playing dolls, haha.

Hugs
Brenda

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
as always you have such lovely ideas. Your collection of pins is beautiful.
It's such a good idea to make your accessories interchangeable for a different look. I am looking forward to your next post.
All the best
Anna

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Anna,

I came up with the idea of interchangeable pins so I could change a hat or outfit without making permanent changes. I'm glad you enjoyed this post.

Hugs
Brenda

Dorothy In PA said...

You had the best kind of visitor, one who left a lovely gift.

The hats are very pretty.

I can't wait to read the next doll adventure or event.

Janet said...

Changing the decoration on that black hat will be a good way to get many looks without having to make many hats.

I think I need to make some hats with feathers for Fall - your tiny feathers are a real treasure!

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Dorothy,
I did feel like I had been given a gift. Such tiny feathers too! I am working away on the next blog post, so stay tuned!

Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Janet,
Yes! That is exactly what I was thinking. If you could examine that black hat closely you would see the remnants of old hot glue! I have changed it a couple different times until I had the idea of pins.

I have seen some of your hats, but I would love to see any new feathered hats you make!

Hugs
Brenda