My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

More Skating Outfits

When I found my first Mary Hoyer doll, I was
really taken with this pink and blue skating outfit.

This is an illustration from a 1950s
crochet and knitting pattern for the Hoyer dolls.
I didn't have the pattern, just the photo!
I found some yarn and started crocheting.

This is what I came up with.
I must admit I am happy with 
how this came out.

Then I started wondering if I could do 
the same for my 10" dolls?

So now, I want to share the rest of
my crochet skating outfits as the girls
skate at the little frozen skating pond.





Nina and Annie.
Annie's skating outfit I made last year,
but it suits her very well.

Annie's skating has gotten much better
with all the help she recieves from Nina.


Very nice Annie!

Lissy got a new pair of skates for
Christmas! So, she needed a
skating outfit as well.

Here she is looking very confident
on her new skates.

Watch out!

Oops! Everyone falls at first.

A lovely skating trio!
Happy New Year everyone!



8 comments:

Jenny said...

Love all the girls' skating outfits, Brenda! I especially like Lissy's multi-colored one. Happy skating, girls!!
Hugs, Jenny :-)

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Jenny,
The girls had a lot of fun skating.
Happy New Year!
Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

All of the outfits are beautiful . You did a great job. Wishing you and yours A HAPPY,HEALTHY 2022.
Marilyn,Joan and Marion

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marilyn, Joan and Marion,
Happy New Year
Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

Your crocheting is amazing 0 and all without a pattern I love the neat stitched in the bodices of the skating outfits - so totally beyond me! I can only knit. but crochet just escapes me. My Hoyers all have skating outfits, I guess it is time for me to get them ready to go to the frozen lake and have some fun.

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Janet,
I am hopeless at following a crochet pattern. My mom tried so hard to help me too! I must confess that i frequently rip out rows and rows and redo them!
I love how Lissy’s outfit looks. It just came together beautifully.
I would love to see your Hoyer’s in their skating outfits!
Hugs
Brenda

Maryn said...

The skating outfits are absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Maryn,
I really enjoy creating these outfits. It pleases me that you like what I’ve made.
Hugs
Brenda