My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Monday, March 07, 2022

Antique Doll Bed


LOOK JOAN!!
What Charlotte?

Someone moved all our furniture around!
And now there is a new bed in our room.

Whose bed is it?
Let's ask Ann.

You can see it's much too small for us.
Besides we already have beds.

Running feet and a leap!
It must be for me!  It's just my size!

I think you're right Ana, it certainly 
fits you perfectly.

Ahhhh. My own bed.

But, how did this happen?
Let me tell you....

The other day my husband and I were thrift shopping.

In particular at the Assistance League of Santa Ana.
They are a wonderful organization that is
involved in many philanthropic programs
helping those in need in the community.

I was on my way out of the shop when
I spotted this doll bed in their display window.

It had a too thick foam mattress and a doily
bedspread.  I definitely wanted it!

The mattress was held up with these straps.

After the straps were removed it needed a
thin board to hold the mattress.

My dear husband is always willing to help 
me with doll projects.

Literally 5 minutes later the
bed had a board all fitted!

I wanted to use the doily that was on the bed
 in the finished bedclothes.

I had an idea, but I needed to cut the doily in half.

Here is the new mattress for the bed.
(I save the egg crates off my kids beds.
After washing them they make great 
padding for all kinds of projects.)

Next I made this envelope pillow cover
using half the doily.

I had a couple vintage doll quilts to choose from.
I decided to use the larger one.

I used the left over half doily to finish 
the doll bed sheet.

And here is the finished doll bed for Ana.

I am really pleased.
and so is Ana.

WEEEE!!!

14 comments:

LittleGinnyFaith said...

I go to thrift stores from time to time but I never find dolls. Well, they usually have a bunch of beat up Barbies in Zip Lock bags but that's usually it. Maybe I don't go often enough. :( I am going to try a doll show this weekend but in the past it's been a very small show. I can't get over all the dolls and things you get to fix up. Good job! I keep telling myself I don't need anymore dolls but then someone like you inspires me. Betty

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Betty,
I do go thrifting quite frequently. I have found lots of dolls and accessories over the years. My Cissy doll came from a thrift store! I tell myself i don’t need more dolls too. So far I haven’t paid attention. Haha!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Sandra,
I love finding things in thrift stores and remaking or restoring them. It is such a good feeling seeing something being loved and appreciated again. This doll bed was a great find!
Hugs
Brenda

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
You have had some great finds lately. The bed is perfect for Ana. The bedding you made is just beautiful. Just when I think your doll room can't possibly get any better it does!
Anna

Jenny said...

A bed from Santa Ana...it was meant to BE for Ana!
Love all you fix-ups, and the finished product is perfect.
Hugs, Jenny :-)

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Anna,
I have had some great finds lately. I am so happy with this little bed. I really wanted to incorporate the doily that came on the bed and i like what i came up with. I’m glad you like it too.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Jenny,
You are right! Coincidence? I think not! You know how i enjoy fixing and makeovers!
Hugs
Brenda

Loretta said...

I just love this post! You are so creative.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Loretta,
I have fun creating these posts. I’m still enjoying playing dolls even at my age!
Hugs
Brenda

Maryn said...

Your bed and bedding are absolutely adorable! Great find(s) and great work!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Maryn,
I enjoy finding and making over dolls and accessories. I am pleased with this little project.
Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

HI Brenda,

Ana's new bed is perfect for her. I love the linens you created - the pillowcase is especially lovely!

You never know what kind of treasure you will find at a thrift store - I am eager to visit my two favorites in my town - one big Goodwill, one small run by a church that supports it's missionary work. I really like that one!

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Janet,
I almost walked past the windows where the little bed was displayed! I love it and wanted to use the doily in the new bedding.
I love thrifting! I have found so many amazing dolls and accessories thrifting. Now I’ve got my husband hooked.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Linda,
Thank you! I am So pleased with this little bed. It was the perfect size for Ana. I almost missed it as I walked out of the shop. My husband is very helpful and always willing to help me with projects. I don’t know what I’d do without him!
Hugs
Brenda