My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Monday, March 28, 2022

Homecoming!

...So, I said to Lauren...
KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK
Who could that be?

Hiya sis!
Viola Grace! What are you doing here?

I came to stay for the summer!
I'm 21 now and I'm ready to stretch my wings a little!
Wait, let's sit down.

You know I'd love to have you here Vi,
but Amanda and I are already sharing the townhouse.

What about your attic space?
Oh, Vi, it's such a mess and full of junk!
Let me see it please?

Well, here it is.  Don't say I didn't warn you.

Hmmm....Interesting rug, lots of fabric.
Yes, I think I can make this work.

Let's see...I have lots of this fabric.

I think I can make it work with this quilt.

This rug is not too bad actually. I kind of like it.

This frame needs a little color.

This yellow will brighten this dresser up.

Almost finished...

WHEW! Finished!

Vi! I can not believe what you did!
This is adorable!
So, can I stay?
Of course you can!

I love my attic room and
the view is great!

More about the Attic Room

I made this room in a wine box I got from a friend.

This little dresser came from a thrift store.
The decorative piece on the back WAS on
the front.  I prised it off and re-glued 
it in back where it belonged!
You can see the dark line where it used to be.

So I added some yellow paint to cover
the black mark and add some interest.

This little mattress and quilt were my starting idea for
a little bed.

I made a bed platform from a cardboard box
with fabric glued onto it.

And here is the quilt on the bed!

I am always on the lookout for
miniature frames.
The frame in Vi's room
was a chain trio. I removed
the bottom frame and reattached
the chains into a hanger.

This little lamp I made from a
small bottle.

I made a shade from craft paper,
hot-glued it and added the ric-rac.

I made a "Y" out of wire and glued it
to the shade and into the bottle.

I hope you enjoyed this little room creation!
AND
Welcome home Viola Grace!

12 comments:

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
The attic room looks fantastic. I love the colours and everything fits perfectly. It's strange the decorative piece on the dresser was at the front, I'm sure putting it at the back looks a lot better. Viola Grace will be happy there!
Anna

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Anna,
Viola is very happy with her attic room. It was strange that the decorative piece was on the front of the dresser top I saw immediately that this would work for a doll dresser, with just a little change. I like how this little room worked out.
Hugs
Brenda

Maryn said...

What a cute room! Viola Grace will be very comfortable there! So creative!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Maryn,
I am happy with how this room came together. I think Viola is going to have a great summer!
Hugs
Brenda

Jenny said...

Love it!
Jenny :-)

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Jenny,
I had fun pulling this together with items I already had. Actually finding the little dresser started me thinking about who needed a room? Viola of course! The rest are bits and pieces i had tucked away. I’m glad you liked it!
Hugs
Brenda

Loretta said...

I love all your darling projects, and the photos you post of them. The little bottle in the lamp brought back such a memory. My sister had one way back in the 70's when they were all the rage. I can't remember where we collected them from, though. There were many shapes and sizes. We loved collecting things esp if they were free!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Loretta,
I am always on the lookout for miniatures of all kinds. I found this bottle in a thrift store and had no idea where it came from! You have solved a mystery. Now I want to look for more of these little bottles!
Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

Hello Brenda,


viola Grace has a darling attic room - so comfy, cozy ! I love what you did to the bureau - and her bedding is perfect for her - I love when a room looks like it belongs to it's occupant - and this one certainly does!



I think I need to go make a few pillows and throws for some of my girls, you've inspired me!

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Janet,
Viola is very happy with her little attic room. Everything just seemed to come together! The dresser started me thinking about a space for her. Somehow fitting her into her big sister’s townhouse seemed natural.
I’m glad I inspired you too!
Hugs
Brenda

Karen said...

Brenda, love the new camper! You and your husband are so talented! Karen

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Karen,
I am so happy with the new camper!
Hugs
Brenda