My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

My Favorite Winter Scenes

The Ice Skaters

I was into crocheting ice skating outfits last year.

This meant an ice skating scene of course!

One of my favorite outfits.

Mary Hoyer dolls were created to model
crochet and knit outfits.

This is an image from a 1950s
Mary Hoyer knitting pattern.








Winter Camping

Winter camping takes place at the Ice Skating Pond.
Up in the San Bernardino Mountains.
(all pretend of course)

The original cardboard camper.

The second version wood camper.

Most recently the Honeymoon camper!

Christmas Past










A Christmas Ball

















Merry Christmas
and
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
From the Savage Pea

11 comments:

Anna said...

Hi Brenda, I hope your Christmas was good and you have a fun New Year.
Best Wishes for 2023.
All you photos are lovely. It's so much fun looking at all the detail in them.
They are always so well done.
Anna

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Anna,
Thank you, yes, we had a lovely Christmas. Very low key, but relaxing and nice. I am looking forward to the New Year. I hope you and your family are well and have a Happy New Year.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Linda,
Thank you! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!
Love
Brenda

Betty said...

That was a great assortment of photos! The crocheted skating outfits are great! I've tried so many times to crochet so I'm envious. Betty

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Betty,
Thank you! I admit, I was tired after Christmas, but I love sharing past posts, so it was a perfect solution. I hope your New Year is great!
Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda;
The crochet outfits for the ice skaters are beautiful. Just when i think I have a favorite I change my mind. Love all the party scenes and the night before Christmas is precious. Happy,Blessed New year.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Brenda Thank You for sharing all these wonderful photos. The night before Christmas is so warm and cozy. Of course the stars of the post are those pretty.pretty skating outfits. The girls are lovely dressed in them/ The party scenes are cute.
Wishing you and yours a Nappy,Blessed 2023.
Marion

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Brenda on a great job crocheting the skating outfits. I love the photos of the Night Before Christmas. Thank you for the party scenes too.
Happy New year
Joan

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Marilyn,
Thank you! I must admit, I love the skating outfits too. I was actually looking back though previous years and decided to have a look back. I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

HI Marion,
Thank you! I like looking back and enjoy reliving some of my previous posts too. The Night Before Christmas was a lot of fun to create. I love my Patsy dolls. The skating outfits are definitely a favorite project of mine. I'm so glad you enjoyed this post.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Joan,
Thank you! I really like to look back sometimes. (especially when I have a blank about what to do next!) The skating outfits started with the 14" dolls and then I wondered if I could make miniature versions? I love creating for my dolls and I'm glad you liked what I did.
Hugs
Brenda